Como dizer "Pinga-pinga/ Expresso (ônibus) " em inglês

Simon Vasconcelos 11 225
-Quero uma passagem para João Pessoa.
-Você quer o ônibus expresso?
-Não pode ser o pinga-pinga messmo.

Pinga-pinga é o ônibus que para nos pontos ao longo do destino entre a cidade de partida e a de chegada, diferentemente do expresso, que vai direto ao ponto de chegada.

CENTENAS DE EXPRESSÕES DO INGLÊS
Preparamos um plano de estudos para ajudar você a dominar centenas de palavras e expressões do inglês em tempo recorde. EXPERIMENTE AGORA
11 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
I would say "the regular one/the normal/usual/standard bus". You could also say " non-express", but if you want to be
ironical, how about "snail bus"? :lol: .

If it was the express, (almost) non-stop bus here in Brazil you could say "the executive". But in this route, there are predetermined stops, the difference is that they will say you will have some more comfort. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Henry Cunha 3 18 190
One common expression is "the milk run." It's not common anymore, but until about the 1960s North American houses had milk delivered daily, pretty much house to house. But the expression has survived, and is used for air, rail and road transportation where stops are frequent.
Thomas 7 62 297
"Milk run" is also used to mean a simple, safe, non-combat flight.

During the war, he flew milk runs from London to Edinburgh carrying mail and supplies. The only action he saw was in a pub (bar) in Scotland."
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Good imagery, I like it!
Related to bus there are the hopper journeys/trips, but then it´s a trip where one hops on and then hops off, from bus to bus. Hence in different buses.

And the "hop-on hop-off buses", but then seems like a tourist thing. Say, a travel where the bus stops on some tourist attraction/landmarks and everyone get-off, take photos, do some sighseeing, and then hop on.

And there are the hopper flights as well.
jorgeluiz 1 6 92
Só a título de adendo encontrei no The Free Dictionary: 2. shuttle - public transport that consists of a bus or train or airplane that plies back and forth between two points
public transport - conveyance for passengers or mail or freight
shuttle bus - shuttle consisting of a bus that travels between two points

cheers !
ENTENDENDO AS HORAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina vários macetes para você nunca mais se confundir na hora de dizer as horas em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
http://www.sk.com.br/forum/display_mess ... e_id=99263

message_id=99263http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/shuttle
Shutle is shuttle - a public conveyance, as a train, airplane, or bus, that travels back and forth at regular intervals over a particular route, especially a short route or one connecting two transportation systems.

It doesn´t suggest interstate transport, but intercity. Or point-to-point, as the ones wich routes serves airport passengers, etc.
Dourado 2 25
Thomas escreveu:"Milk run" is also used to mean a simple, safe, non-combat flight.

During the war, he flew milk runs from London to Edinburgh carrying mail and supplies. The only action he saw was in a pub (bar) in Scotland."
Oh, so that's what milk run means! I'm reading Catch-22 (a comedy about an American military base in WWII) and there is something about a milk run. I thought it was more literal (as in a mission to deliver milk :lol:), since they were talking about using the milk run to also get some eggs for the base.
Breckenfeld 3 15 131
My suggestion:

A non skip-stop bus.

Bye!
Simon Vasconcelos 11 225
Breckenfeld, your translation refers to "ônibus expresso", doesn't it?
Breckenfeld 3 15 131
Simon.

A non-skip-stop bus means it stops at every stop.
ENTENDENDO AS HORAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina vários macetes para você nunca mais se confundir na hora de dizer as horas em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
Telma Regina 9 65 608
My suggestion:

All-stop bus

Examples:

"Yet one of the beauties of the Chicago region's mass-transit grid system is that alternative service would still exist for riders who are able to walk a little farther to catch a bus (or two or three buses to replace the normal one-seat ride), hop on a local all-stop bus instead of an express bus or switch to train service."
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2007 ... -cta-plans

"The MMDA chief added that a certain percent of each bus fleet will be labeled as "all-stop" buses, which will load and unload at every bus stop to accommodate short-distance travels."
http://www.studymode.com/essays/Effecti ... 86468.html