Como dizer "Pisar fundo" em inglês

Como se diz Pisar fundo em inglês (no sentido de acelerar um veículo)?

Pisa fundo! Senão nós nunca vamos chegar ao hospital a tempo. A Covid-19 dele está piorando!
Eu pisei fundo e ultrapassei o carro.

Poderia por favor traduzir as frases?

MELHORE SUA PRONÚNCIA EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Adir Ferreira, autor do livro "A Chave do Aprendizado da Língua Inglesa", nos conta como se tornou um Expert em pronúncia e dá várias dicas para você se comunicar melhor em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
7 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
The last sentence could be made into "I put the pedal to the metal andk overtook the other car. (also a pressed/put/push the pedal to the metal)

You could also say "I accelerated..." but "I put the pedal to the metal" has more 'punch' (emphasis, impact), it´s a more colourful language.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
And could be expressed by "I stepped on it and overtook the other car".

The Ferrari sign also called for one more lap. Ayrton stepped on it, but he didn't have to – his win was already secure.

A friend of mine reminded me of this expression, I had forgotten before.
Breckenfeld 3 15 131
My suggestion:

To floor it.

Bye!
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Good catch, Brecken! Congrats on your contribution.
Minhas sugestões :

• Step on the gas
    Hit the gas
    Speed up
CURSO DE PRONÚNCIA
Domine todos os sons do inglês com o nosso novo curso de pronúncia. O professor Adir Ferreira, referência no ensino de pronúncia, criou este curso especialmente para o English Experts. INICIAR AGORA
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Very good suggestions, congrats Semogs. Step/hit on the gas being short for "step/hit on the gas pedal". Very good indeed!

It´s noteworthy the association between the "gas pedal" and "speed/aceleration", because by "stepping on it" your gas comsumption increases.
Even unconsciously, it suggests the language links to the economics in a way.
Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Outra opção:

Put your foot down: Pisar fundo

Ex.: Put your foot down or we won't get there in time for the meeting. [Pisa fundo senão não vamos chegar lá a tempo para a reunião.]

That's it for now!