Como dizer "Pôr meia sola no sapato" em inglês

Zumstein 1 31 435
Pessoal.
Surgiu um buraco novo no meu sapato velho, agora vou ter que pôr meia sola.

Eu achei:
Tap - To repair (shoe heels or toes) by applying a thin layer of leather or a substitute material.

Só que eu não encontro nenhuma frase de exemplo.

Alguém pode me ajudar?

Uma ou duas frases com "tap" (pôr meia sola).

T.i.a.

ENTENDENDO AS HORAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina vários macetes para você nunca mais se confundir na hora de dizer as horas em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
4 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Marcio_Farias 1 24 214
"I had to mend/patch a new hole in (the sole of) my right/left shoe"?
Thomas 7 62 297
TAPS = I understand "taps" as being the metal pieces sometimes placed on the bottom of the shoe (the heel and/or the toe). Sometimes they are worn to make the shoe sole last longer, and sometimes they are present for the loud noise they make. "Tap dancing" is a form of dancing which uses the sound of taps to make a rhythm (sapatear).

See:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2MKKJA ... re=related
Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Complemento:

Pôr meia sola: have/get (your) shoes resoled

''It's most ideal to get your shoes resoled before that hole appears.''

''This is a great value if you can afford it. Another way to save money when you’re unemployed is to have shoes resoled. If you have shoes that still look good but the soles are “worn” you should get them resoled and shined to save money on shoes.'' - seekyt.com

''Extend the life of your leather soles by painting them. Painting them allows you to cover scuffs and delay a trip to the shoemaker to have your shoes resoled.'' - ehow.co.uk
“Dropped off a pair of hand-made leather shoes because I wore a nice sized hole right through the sole. For $40, I got new leather half-soles and new heels. He also shined the shoes up and used some dressing along the edge to make them look practically new. For the money, you can't get a better deal. “
- yelp.com/biz/golden-shoe-repair-arlington

= = = = =
To resole - To put a new sole on (a shoe).
half sole - The half sole extends from the shank of the shoe through the toe and replaces the entire bottom that touches the ground on the shoe.
1/2 Sole & Heel - Replacing 1/2 sole and heel at the same time.
Why should I resole my shoes? - 1. Money: Resoling shoes is a cost effective way to keep using your otherwise great shoes. 2. Comfort: It takes time to break in a pair of climbing shoes and to get it molded to your foot. Resoling shoes preserves that fit!
= = = = =
bom passeio!