Como dizer "Pôr São Paulo dentro de Campinas" em inglês

Zumstein 1 31 435
É uma opção que dizem pra gente quando estamos tentando pôr um objeto grande num espaço onde não cabe, menor.

Ex.: - Tentando pôr o Mercedão na garage do fusca, v. estava tentando "pôr São Paulo dentro de Campinas" isso sim! Entalou.

ENTENDENDO AS HORAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina vários macetes para você nunca mais se confundir na hora de dizer as horas em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
3 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Henry Cunha 3 18 190
There is a traditional expression

to put a square peg in a round hole
Thomas 7 62 296
THEFREEDICTIONARY

square peg in a round hole
Fig. someone who is uncomfortable or who does not belong in a particular situation. (Also the cliché: trying to fit a square peg into a round hole, trying to combine two things that do not belong or fit together.) I feel like a square peg in a round hole at my office. Everyone else there seems so ambitious, competitive, and dedicated to the work, but I just want to make a living. Trying to teach me math is like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. I'm convinced my brain is not built right to understand algebra.
See also: hole, peg, round, square
Henry Cunha 3 18 190
There's something called "idiom blends," which refers to mixing figures of speech, or changing them to arrive at a new meaning. Depending on how you want to use "Pôr SP dentro de Campinas," you could use creatively

trying to drive a truck through a loophole
the 800-pound gorilla in the room
ignoring the elephant in the room
etc

And you can invent anything that has universal size recognition, such as

to fit all of New York City into Lilliput.