Como dizer "Prova relâmpago" em inglês

Adriano Japan 1 2 21
pop quiz - a quiz given without prior warning

APRESENTAÇÃO PESSOAL EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina como você deve se preparar para fazer uma apresentação pessoal profissional em inglês. O conteúdo dessa aula ajudará você a aproveitar melhor as oportunidades no ambiente corporativo. ACESSAR AULA
4 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
EugenioTM 7 48
Also: surprise test
''The surprise test paradox'' :arrow: http://www.jstor.org/pss/2024364

Cheers!
Thomas 7 62 296
In all my years of classes in the USA, I do not ever remember hearing the expression "surprise test". I Google search of the term will show (even of the example given) that term refers to a paradox found in game theory. Dictionaries are nice, but they can be confusing.

My suggestion? Stick to "pop quiz".
EugenioTM 7 48
Thanks! It's nice to have american natives in the forum especially to answer this kind of question (which word/expression is more common). They are way harder to non-native speakers.
Thomas 7 62 296
Eugenio, I agree 100%. And just because I have not heard the expression, it doesn't mean that others do not use it. I am from California, and it is certainly possible that in Florida a term is commonly used that is unknown to me. I speak American English, not British English. So, that it another factor to consider.

Something I often see in the Forum is the mixing of the two languages. Can you imagine a foreigner who is learning Portuguese but he is being given information from Luso-Portuguese and Brazilian-Portuguese without knowing which is which? Somethings that the Brits say are completely unintelligible to Americans and vice-versa. My favorite example is "Knock me up at seven." To a Brit, it means "Wake me up at seven". To a Yank, it means "Get me pregnant at seven." I read a Brazilian account of a man who told a Portuguese "Tem fogo na roupa." (I think that was the expression!) He didn't mean that the man's clothing was on fire; he meant the main was eager and ambitious. LOL

Eugenio, I hope I was not too harsh with you. It was never my intention to belittle what you posted. It was, however, what I believed to be a mistake and I thought it best to express my belief. Thank you!