Como dizer "Quer queira quer não" em inglês

Jedson 2 2
por bem ou por mal; Quer queira quer não - willy-nilly

Ex.: you go to school willy-nilly

ENTENDENDO AS HORAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina vários macetes para você nunca mais se confundir na hora de dizer as horas em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
8 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Thanks a lot for sharing again and contributing with the blog, Jedson. :!:
Henry Cunha 3 18 190
Willy-nilly to me has always meant primarily "without planning, helter-skelter." I think I prefer "like it or not" for "quer queira quer não queira."
Breckenfeld 3 15 131
My suggestion:

Whether you want it or not.

Bye!
Jedson 2 2
Henry Cunha escreveu:Willy-nilly to me has always meant primarily "without planning, helter-skelter." I think I prefer "like it or not" for "quer queira quer não queira."
Willy-nilly and helter-skelter in this context turn out to be synonyms.
Jedson 2 2
Vitor Ferreira escreveu:Thanks a lot for sharing again and contributing with the blog, Jedson. :!:

you are welcome, Vitor Ferreira.
APRESENTAÇÃO PESSOAL EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina como você deve se preparar para fazer uma apresentação pessoal profissional em inglês. O conteúdo dessa aula ajudará você a aproveitar melhor as oportunidades no ambiente corporativo. ACESSAR AULA
Daniel.S 1 2 11
I'd rather say like it or not but Jedson's example also sounds nice
Henry Cunha 3 18 190
If you search "willy-nilly" in the NYTimes, for example, the general usage you get is "randomly," or "in a disorganized, haphazard fashion." But I agree with Jedson that there is a usage of it to mean "willingly or not." Probably it was his sample sentence that left me unsure whether its meaning should be perceived to be

You go to school unprepared/any which way. (as in a descriptive statement)

or

You go to school whether you like it or not. (as in a command being issued)

Either meaning makes sense.
timphillips 11
I have never heard of willy-nilly used to mean whether you like it or not.
(which doesn't mean, of course, to say it can't be)
Tim