Como dizer "Ser julgado pela justiça comum" em inglês

Simon Vasconcelos 11 221
Padres acusados de pedofilia devem ser julgados pela justiça comum.

INGLÊS PARA VIAGENS
A professora Marcela Miranda, mais conhecida como a Tia do Inglês, ensina nesta aula introdutória o vocabulário básico de inglês para viagens. Está se preparando para sua próxima viagem? A sua jornada começa aqui! ACESSAR AULA
5 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Priests charged with pedophilia should be brought to regular legal courts.
Priests accused of pedhopilia should be brought to regular legal courts.
Pode ser desse jeito?

Priests accused of pedhopilia should be trialled by regular legal courts.
Priests accused of pedhopilia should be judged by regular legal courts.
The judge is going to trial/judge them in the next monday.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
I reconsidered my answer, after the conclusion that "tried" in legal parlance would be more common than trialled. Unless they were trialling a new process etc, that is, if they were "experimenting" some process or method in the court. ;)
PPAULO escreveu:I reconsidered my answer, after the conclusion that "tried" in legal parlance would be more common than trialled. Unless they were trialling a new process etc, that is, if they were "experimenting" some process or method in the court. ;)
Sinceramente eu não entendi seu ponto de vista mas veja o que o dicionário diz sobre trial.

[COUNTABLE/UNCOUNTABLE] LEGAL the process of examining a case in a court of law and deciding whether someone is guilty or innocent. When a case comes to trial, it is brought to a court and the person who has been accused of a crime stands trial (=appears in court)

http://www.macmillandictionary.com/dict ... tish/trial
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Yeah, I said more commom than "trialled" (in the same sense of "tried"), not that it doesn´t exist in that sense.
I would say it´s more commom in the sense of experimenting some novelty, method etc, in courts.