Como dizer "soprar o machucado para aliviar a dor?" em inglês

:) Oi pessoal, como se "Soprar o machucado para aliviar a dor?"
Aquele costume, geralmente dos adultos, dos pais com as crianças ou alguém que machucou, daí 'soprar' para aliviar a dor, o machucado...

t.i.a. ^^
...Anne...

TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
10 respostas
Ordenar por: Votos
Henry Cunha 3 18 190
What Mommy says to a little child:

Do you want Mommy to blow on your boo-boo?
Carls 2 78
1- to lick one's wounds = lamber as feridas, recuperar de uma derrota; to recuperate after a defeat

2- blow on something = to force air across something especially with a puff of breath. (http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/blow+on)

Jill blew on the hot soup. Blow on the fire to make it burn hotter.

to blow on one's fingers = souffler dans ses doigts. (Harrap's Shorter dictionnaire)
if the soup's too hot, blow on it! = si la soupe est trop chaude, soufflé!
Hey Marcio, explica esse uso do 'lick'... :s
Marcio_Farias 1 24 214
Anne Dietrich escreveu:P.S. Como assim 'lick'?
I think I over-suggested. Please consider Donay's suggestion.
Daniel.S 1 2 11
You got it Donay!

Take care

Daniel
ENTENDENDO AS HORAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina vários macetes para você nunca mais se confundir na hora de dizer as horas em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
Thank you very much experts!!

P.S. Como assim 'lick'??

Anne...
maryziller 1 2
"Blow on" is the correct verb. Usually mothers blow on a child`s wound to make them feel better.
Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Olá Pessoal,

Sugestão:

"Soprar o machucado."
"Blow on the bruise."

Boa sorte!
Flavia.lm 1 10 100
lick?!

How about "blow the wound to relieve pain"?
Marcio_Farias 1 24 214
AD, I thought of "licking one's wounds" as in:

"After all the undue scandal the media dished out, we found a morally hurt Jack patiently licking his wounds."
"The defenders got licked and had to retreat to a secluded place to better lick their wounds."
"After Jack cut his nose to spite his face we knew he'd had enough and we left him licking his wounds."