Como dizer "tirolesa" em inglês

Flavia.lm 1 10 100
Pessoal, como digo "tirolesa" em inglês? (aquela atividade/ esporte de aventura onde a gente atravessa de um lugar a outro pendurado num cabo de aço?)

Tks in advance.

INGLÊS PARA VIAGENS
A professora Marcela Miranda, mais conhecida como a Tia do Inglês, ensina nesta aula introdutória o vocabulário básico de inglês para viagens. Está se preparando para sua próxima viagem? A sua jornada começa aqui! ACESSAR AULA
8 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Em inglês, diz-se zip-line.
Marcio_Farias 1 24 214
Cable crossing. You use the verb cross as in "I crossed over to the other side of the valley." Or cross the cable as in "Nowadays I don't cross the cable that much, I'm afraid since I fell down."

Yes, I Googled it!
Marcio_Farias 1 24 214
Now luferom provided yet another word for that. Who knows, we might "zip across the valley in a shake of a lamb's tail." Good one, luferom.
Flavia.lm 1 10 100
Thanks a lot, Luferon!!

See what I found in Wikipedia:

A zip-line (also known as a flying fox, zip wire, aerial runway, aerial ropeslide, death slide or tyrolean crossing) consists of a pulley suspended on a cable mounted on an incline. It is designed to enable a user propelled by gravity to traverse from the top to the bottom of the inclined cable, usually made of stainless steel, by holding on or attaching to the freely moving pulley.(...)
jlmmelo 14 106
Tirolesa ou cabo aéreo
TESTE DE VOCABULÁRIO
Faça um teste e descubra como está seus conhecimentos de vocabulário de inglês em 5 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
zip-lining
Flavia.lm 1 10 100
Further info:

History of Ziplining

The concept of ziplining — which today is primarily an adventure thrill ride — was actually conceived out of necessity. The gravity-fueled conveyance using cables and pulleys threaded between two points was created by workers and residents who needed to quickly transport people and supplies across canyons, rivers, and other impassable areas in remote regions of China, the Costa Rican rainforest, and the Australian Outback.

Ziplining is also known by other names including “an inclined strong,” “flying fox,” and “Tyrolean Crossing.” It can be traced back as far as 1897 when the H.G. Wells novel, “The Invisible Man” referenced “an inclined strong” as part of a Whit-Monday fair.

Ziplining is quickly becoming one of the fastest growing adventure tourism activities and its spike in popularity can be traced to Costa Rica in the mid-1990s. Today, professional ziplining adventure tours can be found worldwide.
O nome correto, segundo o Cambridge Dictionary is Zip Wire: a long thick wire attached between two points, one higher than the other, that you can move along quickly while hanging from a small wheel, as entertainment or as a way of travelling above and across something :

"Activities include archery, zip wire, and abseiling".
"The elevated zip line will take guests on a 50-mph ride across the forest canopy."