Como dizer "Torcer contra [time, país, etc]" em inglês

Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Português: torcer para que perca, não dê certo, etc
Inglês: root against

Exemplos:
  1. Arkansas player rooting against the Wildcats?
  2. As I got older, however I learned that I was rooting against the White Sox.
  3. The Taliban took credit for the attack. And that should remind everybody that the global war on terror is still underway. And things are not going well.There are a few key reasons for this. First, most nations are sitting out the war on terror, and a good many of them are rooting against the USA and our allies, if you can believe it. Muslim killers know they can count on people like Vladimir Putin, Jacques Chirac, and the government of Spain to allow them to kill at will. - Foxnews.com
Bons estudos.

TESTE DE VOCABULÁRIO
Faça um teste e descubra como está seus conhecimentos de vocabulário de inglês em 5 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
6 respostas
Ordenar por: Autor
DHST 1 3 15
Donay, e como ficaria com o ''to support''?
Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Neste caso, não é uma opção. Mas, você poderia, indiretamente, dizer "I don't support them", por exemplo.
What about "cheer"?
Thanks!!
Telma Regina 9 65 608
Also:
"Shout for the other team"
Don't be a visitor that sits in the home stands and shouts for the other team.
CURSO DE PRONÚNCIA
Domine todos os sons do inglês com o nosso novo curso de pronúncia. O professor Adir Ferreira, referência no ensino de pronúncia, criou este curso especialmente para o English Experts. INICIAR AGORA
Thomas 7 62 296
to root for = to cheer for = to support
to root against = not to support