Como dizer "uma vez que brigamos..." em inglês

Como digo, por exemplo:
Uma vez que brigamos, visto que ele parecia bêbado, acabamos não nos falando mais.

Ps: também não sei falar esse "parecia", seria "seemed"?

Obrigado!!!

EBOOK VERBO GET Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. Você ainda ganha o eBook sobre o Verbo Get em seu email. INICIAR TESTE
6 respostas
Marcio_Farias 1 24 213
Tentativa:

"Since we had a fight and because he looked drunk, we have not talked anymore"
O uso do "and" me parece opcional e eu trocaria o "no" por "haven't" e o "talked" por "spoken". Estaria eu errada se optasse por fazer essas mudanças, dizendo: "since we had a fight because he looked drunk, we haven't spoken anymore"? A frase ao contrário também me parece correta: "we haven't spoken anymore since we had a fight because he looked drunk."
Acho que uma gramática mais aceitável é, na minha interpretação:
"Once we'd fought, seeing he looked drunk, we ended up not talking anymore.
PPAULO 6 48 1.1k
And also...

We had an altercation/a beef/a spat once, it happened because he was seemingly tipsy/under the influence (smelling like alchohol/with alchohol on the breath...and slurring his words). It turned out that we don´t talk to one another anymore.

We had an altercation/a beef/a spat once, it happened because he was seemingly tipsy/under the influence (smelling like alchohol and couldn´t handle himself, it got out of hand). Since then, we don´t talk to one another.

It can be more concise, it was such lenghty by way of explanation (and the imagery as well). Sort of.
"Since we had a fight and because he looked drunk, we have not talked anymore"
Me parece uma forma simples e compreensível.
Tititike usou "once" ao invés de "since". As duas palavras têm o mesmo sentido?

E outra, ele disse "we'd fought", porquê não usar "we'd a fight"?

Thank you guys!
PPAULO 6 48 1.1k
Since would be fine, but it could throw a curve, giving an equivocal meaning (at least I think so).

Since we had a fight...(desde quando...?) or Since we had a fight (uma vez que tivemos uma briga/um desentendimento etc...?)

I am not going to be definite on this one, though. To some learners with upper intermediary or even some with basic level would understand (as you did). So, no problem with it at all.

As for the "we´d fight" stuff, the second would be right gramatically; though, I must say I never saw it in my English learning. I think in this particular case it doesn´t sound natural.

We've had a fight (yesterday/today) sounds more to the point (if you think of fight that is recent -hence my providing "dates" - or if the effects are still in play, and if this is the focus).
Other than that, I preffer "I had a fight."

And last but not least, "once" may have also some different senses, e.g. uma vez, quando.
Take a look on Linguee/bab.la to see it in action.