Como dizer "Vá direto ao ponto" em inglês

Jerry Dorien 4 48
Hi friends,

get straight to the point (vá direto ao ponto)

See you!

COMO COMBINAR PALAVRAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Denilso de Lima, autor do livro "Combinando Palavras em Inglês", ensina como as collocations (combinações de palavras) podem ajudar você a falar inglês com mais naturalidade. ACESSAR AULA
8 respostas
Ordenar por: Autor
Daniel.S 1 2 11
well that's a good question Marcio..you know what? I always thought there could possibly be a difference between "go straight to the point" and "get straight to the point" but unfortunately I haven't got an answer yet.

Take care

Daniel
Flavia.lm 1 10 100
hehe... essa é mais "tolerância zero"....

Stop waffling! (chega de enrolação, de lenga-lenga, de conversa pra boi dormir) :)
Eu sempre uso "cut to the chase".
Marcio_Farias 1 24 214
Now, apart from JERRYDORIEN's example I Googled upwards of 300 thousand instances of "go straight to the point." That places it somewhere at the forefront of usage. Does JERRYDORIEN's example, in any way, greatly differ from the one I googled?

Let's get/go straight to the point on that one for a measure.
Let's address it straight away.
Marcio_Farias 1 24 214
Unless someone else comes up and tells me all about it, let's cut to the chase, get down to business, then get down to it and least but not last get down to brass tacks on this issue. Do we have any other idiom for that?
POWER QUESTIONS
O professor das celebridades Daniel Bonatti ensina várias técnicas para você ter conversas melhores mesmo com conhecimentos básicos de inglês. Com as power questions você vai aprender a direcionar a conversa para onde quiser e com isso alcançar seus objetivos na comunicação. ACESSAR AULA
Otherwise you can say: "don´t beat around the bush".

Take care,
maryziller 1 2
pondedaniel escreveu:well that's a good question Marcio..you know what? I always thought there could possibly be a difference between "go straight to the point" and "get straight to the point" but unfortunately I haven't got an answer yet.

Take care

Daniel
Maybe this will help.

Go to the point does not mean get to the point.

"Get to the point" means, as was stated above, to start speaking about the main idea or the purpose of the topic, meeting, event, etc..

"Go to the point" means to find (look up) the place in something you are working on (programming code, a passage in a book) that you need to address.

Examples from the Internet:
Visual Studio Help
Read every line of your code to get to the point you are really interested in, ... with the ".c" extension) and go to the point where you want the breakpoint set. ...

When playing zills, go to the point of exhaustion and then "push through"
The more you play them, the closer you will get to the point where you can "forget" about them.

GemCad Tutorial, Lesson 1
Now go to the Point Menu by pressing the >Point Menu key. ... When you get to the point, press the Pt on edge (e) key. GemCad will snap to the nearest edge

go = navigate to, continue playing/working/moving to
get = arrive at
Point-blank também pode ser usado sem problemas.

Ex: He asked me to work at the holidays, but I refused point-blank.

Regards,