Como dizer "ventos fortes/fracos" em inglês

N001
Hi again!

I was talking with a friend from Turkey and he asked me how was the weather in my city, and I said it's was 28 celsius degrees because I didn't know how to say that it's was hot, but now too hot, it's was pleasant (I don't know if this is the right adjective to describe it) and the winds were "fracos"

So..How can I say in English "ventos fracos" ? And for my curiosity , "vendos fortes"?

MELHORE SUA PRONÚNCIA EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Adir Ferreira, autor do livro "A Chave do Aprendizado da Língua Inglesa", nos conta como se tornou um Expert em pronúncia e dá várias dicas para você se comunicar melhor em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
5 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Simon Vasconcelos 11 224
Ventos fracos --> Light winds, breeze

Ventos fortes --> Strong winds
DHST 1 3 15
Outras opções para "ventos fortes":

heavy winds
high winds
N001
nice!
Pra fracos, usaria breeze; pra fortes, tem muito termos, mas já ouvi muito gust (duram mais) e flurry (duram menos).
jlmmelo 14 107
Also:

Vendavais (ventos fortes, tempestuosos): [strong] gales

Exemplos:
  • 1. Stormpocalypse: Worst storm 'in quarter of a century' heading for UK - Britain is readying itself for a historic storm set to batter its coast this weekend, with warnings of strong gales and enormous waves. The center of approaching 'Mega Storm Charlie’ is more intense than the Great Storm of 1987, meteorologists say. rt.com 08/02/2014

2. Strong gales begin at 47 mph (75,6 km/h), storms at 64 mph (103 km/h) and hurricanes at 73 mph (117,5 km/h). telegraph.co.uk

3. The dry, strong gales whip through the valleys around San Fernando, California causing huge fires to break out, spread quickly and cause people to evacuate their homes. washingtonpost.com