Como dizer "Você é natural de onde?" em inglês

Donay Mendonça 23 127 1.7k
Natural significa nascido, originário de um determinado local. Aprenda a dizer isso em inglês.
  • Where are you from originally?
  • Where were you born?
Exemplos de uso:
  • Where are you from originally? 'I'm from Saint Clairsville, Ohio.' [Você é natural de onde? 'Eu sou natural de Saint Clairsville, Ohio.']
  • Where were you born? 'I was born in New York.' [Você é natural de onde? 'Eu sou natural de Nova Iorque.']
Bons estudos.

TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
"Where are you from" would do in most contexts, since from expresses origin.
I am not saying that "originally" is wrong in the sentence, indeed it seems more accurate, it´s that in English is normal and natural to shorten some sentences in English. So, such is the case.
It also may or may not be answered with information about state, neighbourhood, etc.

Malkin: I am curious to hear about your encounter with U.S. Soldiers arriving in Baghdad.
Kelly: It was an unusual day. There had been a lot of confusion that morning as to how close U.S. Troops were to Baghdad...
They called up to us, “Who are you?” and we told them we were a peace team.
Where are you from?” they asked, and we answered: Chicago, New York, Boston.

The Sun Magazine | And A Time For Peace
Thesunmagazine.org/issues/.../and_a_time_for_peace...
(excerpt of an item about the 1991 Gulf War.)
Marcio_Farias 1 24 214
Também temos as variantes:

Where do you hail from?

E

Where do you come from?

Mas parece-me que os falantes nativos de inglês não usam (muito) a primeira.