Como eu junto as palavras com H no início?

Quando eu tenho o H no início das palavras e ele não é mudo eu posso juntar a palavras palavras e o H perde o som ?
Ex: na musica New Rules da Dua Lipa ela diz "Don't let him in" e juntou o "let" e o "him" como se não tivesse o som do H

COMO COMBINAR PALAVRAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Denilso de Lima, autor do livro "Combinando Palavras em Inglês", ensina como as collocations (combinações de palavras) podem ajudar você a falar inglês com mais naturalidade. ACESSAR AULA
1 resposta
  Resposta mais votada
6 49 1.3k
Indeed, in this special case she "run on" the "don't let he in" in a special way (I mean, a slurring of sorts here with "he in" sung at the same time).

I think it's because the h letter got a weak sound (to our untrained ears perhaps), not that the h it's not there. So the ear has to get used to the way it's sung (like "hein" in the same breath - easier listened than explained, though). And it's not more a "heem" than a 'hein" run on (now I mean to Brazilian and Portuguese ears).

I think you can notice it better with the last kid in the following video (at 4'37"-4'38"). At least it's what I hope, English sounds are tricky sometimes, and with music. They use some effects to get it into the rhythm as well.