Como eu traduzo: A man gets tied up to the ground?

A man gets tied up to the ground, como fazer a tradução?
Pode ser traduzido como: Um homem quando fica velho?

Sergio.

TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. Você ainda ganha o eBook sobre o Verbo Get em seu e-mail. INICIAR TESTE
4 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Acho que o correto seria: um homem que fica amarrado ao chão.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Remember Gulliver´s Travels, he was tied up to the ground (literally - and tied up with pieces of thread).
Metaphorically, as it happens in music, the meaning is "in the eyes of the beholder". I could, for instance think of the fact "um homem estar fixado/preso à terra em que vive" (preso às responsabilidades, à cultura, ao trabalho, à sociedade, à história, à varíos fatores)".
As pointed out before a swam just sail away, he is here and gone.

But then, oddly, he sings:
A man gets tied up to the (crown) ground
He gives the world
Its saddest (song) sound.

Is there a parallel? Tied to the crown, contrasting perhaps with something else. Or just for rhyme´s sake.

Or it came up to his mind without no rhyme or reason!
By the way, this association between 'condor' and "old age" time is a Brazilian thing, not American. As far as I know.

Plus, to a Condor, a man would be "tied up to the ground" (se arrastaria pelo chão, quase não saindo do lugar). The music could be full of double (and multiple) meanings, indeed.
Olá! Eu agradeço a contribuição! Me pareceu mesmo que a tradução seria "Um homem quando está amarrado ao chão"!

Eu vi duas traduções "Um homem quando fica velho" daí fiquei confuso. Mas, acredito que "Um homem quando fica velho" é muita licenciosidade na tradução!
Agradeço pela colaboração. Foi A frase faz parte da música El condor pasa, o que me deixou na dúvida foi a palavra "crown".
Muito útil!

Hello! I appreciate the contribution! It seemed to me that the translation would be "A man when he is tied to the floor"!

I saw two translations "A man when he gets old" so I was confused. But, I believe that "A man when he gets old" is a lot of license in the translation!
Thank you for your collaboration. The phrase is part of the song El condor pasa, what left me in doubt was the word "crown".
Very useful!
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Glad that it helped.
;-)