Como se chama alguém que gosta das mesmas coisas que você em inglês?

Hey guys!

So, my question is: is there a word I can call someone who has the same interests or likes the things I do?

I've found the word "match", but I think it works only with someone you don't see as a friend...

I can't think of anything at the moment, so I beg your help!

Thanks in advance!

COMO COMBINAR PALAVRAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Denilso de Lima, autor do livro "Combinando Palavras em Inglês", ensina como as collocations (combinações de palavras) podem ajudar você a falar inglês com mais naturalidade. ACESSAR AULA
4 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
6 49 1.3k
Yes, call him or her "great mind" - great minds think alike, he he he, je je je.

It depends on what you are thinking at the moment. You can state that they are "like-minded", that they are "like two eggs" (from the same nest and belong totheget - it´s implicit).
One also say that they "are on the same mind/be of like mind/are on the same wavelenght/are kindred spirits", etc.
TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
19 293
I can't remember anything off the top of my head as far as a widely used expression or something, I think it's really just up to your imagination and what you can come up with to describe that, although I doubt one could come up with a one-word expression to describe it because I don't see how that can fit into an actual adjective, I was trying to think of something in Portuguese and nothing came to mind either. If I were to put it into words it would be something like "You and I share mutual interests". Yes, it's really simple and nothing outside the box but then again, I don't see how one could turn what you described into a more slangy form of it , if that's what you're looking for. Anyway, it might be that there actually is a specific term for that which I've either not been introduced to yet or it's just my memory leaving me stranded, it's not like it's something that often comes up in conversations and will stick to your head forever, is it?
19 293
PPAULO escreveu: 27 Abr 2020, 19:51 Yes, call him or her "great mind" - great minds think alike, he he he, je je je.

It depends on what you are thinking at the moment. You can state that they are "like-minded", that they are "like two eggs" (from the same nest and belong totheget - it´s implicit).
One also say that they "are on the same mind/be of like mind/are on the same wavelenght/are kindred spirits", etc.
Something that fits what the OP is looking for came to mind as I was reading your post, the "eggs from the same nest" shed some light on me. It's "birds of a feather".
6 49 1.3k
Hi there Rahp!

As it seemed to me that it was clear you wished a one-word for "two people with similar interests and likes", it springs to my mind: "clique".

Obviously if you have just one friend you can elaborat it further and say it's a "clique of two." A clique usually is a group, I have to inform you. ;-) My instinct would say me that "club" could also 'of two' in such a case.

Socially, she's a floater, along with her best friend Lou. A clique of two.

Other than that, there are words that could stand for "group(s)" as the following:
Ref. macmillandictionary

Notice that it is related to "people with shared interests and aims".
Ref. macmillandictionary

And as far as expressions go, I agree with Leonard, that would do as well.