Como usar o verbo ''To miss'' em cada tempo verbal no sentido de ter saudade de alguém?

Recentemente veio algo a minha cabeça que eu fiquei meio com dúvida, eu sempre vi as pessoas dizendo "I miss You" mas nunca "I'm Missing You", Quais as possibilidades que eu posso montar?
E afinal a frase I'm Missing you existe de verdade?
Queria perguntar também sobre a fórmula "I've been missing you", que me deixou meio curioso, já que I miss you ja devia dar essa intenção de a pessoa estar fora por um longo tempo, por que isso acontece com o verbo miss?
Eu realmente não sei porque as pessoas usam I miss you sendo que I miss you seria a forma do presente que não tem ligação com o passado, sendo que a pessoa havia partido faz tempo, eu não devia o present perfect continuous para se referir a isso?
Desculpa se ficou meio confuso
Se quiserem adicionar mais exemplos fiquem a vontade
TIA

TESTE DE VOCABULÁRIO
Faça um teste e descubra como está seus conhecimentos de vocabulário de inglês em 5 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
I am missing you.
(it's about what I am feeling right now, or for mentioning some action I am doing right now).

I miss you.
(is said in a general way, it can also be said about something I feel right now and in the past, etc). If 'you/they' are so special I can add "I miss you so much!"

I have been missing you./I've been missing you.
Means that I recently have been missing you, that doesn't exclude the feeling in the past, but the "have" in it put emphasis on the 'recent' thing (recent but until now OR with influence in the present), something that has been happening of late.

In English the past/present/future doesn't work as in Portuguese, we think we have clear-cut boundaries, but they have the concept of actions that happen in the past with influence in the present, etc.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Let´s say a girl is with you right now, in front of you. So, you may decide to say that you miss her, because it happens all the time, it happened yesterday, a week ago, and probably will in the next one.
It´s just something that you want to say to her.

Let´s say you are at home and she calls you, "how do you feel now?" she asks? You likely will say "I am missing you" (right now, that is).

Now let´s imagine she asks, what have you been doing? (lately, she means then), so you could say - "I have been studying English, browsing the internet and missing you."

In some songs they favour "I am missing you" because they focus on what the singer feels 'at the time of the singing'. So, something that happens "now and here".