Como usar Very Much

Avatar do usuário Rakell Grubert Pere 3385 3 6 65
gian2hard escreveu:
Eu não vejo nada de errado com a frase, acho que depende no que tu quer por ênfase. Por exemplo, 2 pessoas argumentando.

Speaker 1 : He doesn't seem to like his English classes anymore, so why waste his parents money then?
Speaker 2 : NO way, where did you get that from? he likes VERY MUCH his English classes.

Onde very much da ênfase ou fato de que ele realmente gosta das aulas de Inglês. :lol:

peace!

Gian, I think you were talking about this use of " very much":

We can use "very much" before some verbs to emphasise how we feel about things.
• I very much agree with the decision, (NOT...I agree very much with...)
• We very much enjoyed having you stay with us. (NOT ...we enjoyed very much having ...)

Some verbs we can use this way are: agree, doubt, fear, hope, like, want; and also admire, appreciate, enjoy and regret.
Note:
We cannot use very much before participle adjectives, but we can use very :
• She was very disturbed to hear the news,( NOT... She was very much disturbed...)
• It's very disappointing, (NOT... It's very much disappointing.)

However, we use (very) much but not very before a past participle which is part of a passive: • The new by-pass was (very) much needed.

Fonte: Advanced Grammar in use - Martin Hewings
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Você sabe como está o seu nível de inglês? Teste agora GRÁTIS em apenas alguns minutos.

Clique aqui para iniciar o Teste Online!
Avatar do usuário Sra_Tradutora 3290 6 73
Rakell Grubert Pere escreveu:We can use "very much" before some verbs to emphasise how we feel about things.
• I very much agree with the decision, (NOT...I agree very much with...)
• We very much enjoyed having you stay with us. (NOT ...we enjoyed very much having ...)

"Would", "could" and "should" can be added in there as well:
• I am sure you would very much like to liberate yourself from your heavy burden and make a new beginning.
• We could very much use your help right now.
• Choose the right tool for the job: The device in my opinion should very much depend on what you would like to achieve.

"Can" and "will" too:
• I can very much relate to most of what you're saying.
• I am basically trying to say that we, as a family, will very much enjoy your presence in Istambul.
Avatar do usuário Henry Cunha 9970 2 17 177
And check Google for examples of

"they seemed very much in"
"they seemed very much to"

"they wanted very much to"