Conversação via Google+ ou Skype

Pessoal, tenho muito ainda que aprender, preciso treinar meu speaking e listening pois nunca fiz curso. Sou tímida para caramba e espero que esse grupo sirva para encorajar outras pessoas que também sejam, mas ainda assim estejam interessadas em se desafiar a falar em outra língua.
Sei que há outro grupo de conversação por skype, mas, com esse tópico, gostaria de propor algo um pouco diferente do anterior, embora essencialmente parecido.
Toda semana, um tema vai ser escolhido e discutido em um dia só da semana, como um domingo ou sei lá. Assim, dá pra pesquisar coisas interessantes sobre o tema ao longo da semana, se acalmar, estudar outras coisas, trabalhar e etc.
Então, preciso que ao menos duas pessoas além de mim demonstrem interesse para começar o grupo e votar nos temas que iremos discutir, que pode ser de política à receitas de bolo. Qualquer coisa, até mesmo filmes e séries ou religião e notícias atuais.
É isso! Quem estiver interessado, deixem email ou a url do profile.

APRESENTAÇÃO PESSOAL EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina como você deve se preparar para fazer uma apresentação pessoal profissional em inglês. O conteúdo dessa aula ajudará você a aproveitar melhor as oportunidades no ambiente corporativo. ACESSAR AULA
5 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
I beg to differ, Yasmin, you aren´t shy, you are insecure.
This happens with subjects we think we don´t know enough, or when we have to talk to people we don´t know or we know they are in the same level but in front of a superior, a boss, a teacher, etc.
You may be the shiest person in earth, but if somebody ask your the time (in Portuguese, you will say "são tal e tal hora e tantos minutos'', why is that? because you feel you master that in Portuguese, knowledge is power.
Another example would be, if somebody (even tough he/her is your boss) says that 2 plus 2 is five, you have a knee-jerk (instinctive) reaction, "it´s four" or "no, two plus two equals four.'', see? all of sudden you aren´t shy anymore.
But don´t worry, don´t sweat it, you are in good company, there is a lot of people that are shy (including me).
Anyway, I try my best to broke this natural barrier, by expressing myself and not worrying much about making mistakes (I sweated by the mere tought of having to speak in front of an audience).
Sometimes I even stutter, but I go ahead anyway (just that I slow the speaking when I feel I am anxious). I mean, in Portuguese, my English is not that good, as you might have noticed, so I didn´t made great forays into the language, anyway the times I had to interact with foreigners they understood me (don´t know why!)
Believe me, the very fact of letting people know that you are not a superwoman (or superman to many) gives you an advantage. Everyone likes humble people, but people that interact.
With time you will be talking, writting, wathever you have; and nobody will be even noticing.
I read that you came this Forum and you just read, and didn´t even wrote something, then you, by degrees began to write. See? that´s simple like this!
Ah, the talking about cook will place me in deep waters, my wife complaints about my skills at the kitchen. By the way, I cried like a baby there (peeling onions...), till the day she taught me to bite a match stick, believe me, it works!
Legal, Yasmin.
Acho um boa ideia também, só existe uma forma de melhorar no estudo do inglês é treinando sempre, em relação ao tema existem varios que são simples é podem ser sugeridos na hora.
Hi, PPAULO! Thanks for your response. I agree with you on most of this, except for the "you aren't shy" part! I find it difficult to talk to people even if the conversation is about something I really do know about. I feel like I know the answers, but whatever I am talking about it just draws me a blank when I'm talking to people I feel insecure with.
After all, what is shyness but the afraid of being judged? But that's very subject, there are a thousand different opinions concerning this matter.
However, I'm aware that I must overcome my shyness and insecurity, so that I can offset the fact that I haven't taken any English courses yet.

Oh, and thank you again! I always cry while cutting onions... It's been terrible! I'll try that!
Interested.
Here's my email: **** @ gmail.com
I have the same problem as you Yasmim. I'm shy and afraid of having a conversation with people I don't know. But I know I must overcome this particular problem so I'll never practice my English properly.
Cya in the group.
Alessandro 3 13 98
Não recomendo a divulgação de emails ou skype aqui como informação aberta. Em pouco tempo os bots pegarão o seu email e vão começar a enviar mensagens de spam.

Foi por isso que eliminei as antigas seções de compartilhamento de emails, skype e MSN aqui do fórum. Depois de um tempo as pessoas começaram a solicitar a exclusão de suas informações do tópico.

Acredito que o melhor a se fazer é conhecer pessoas bacanas aqui mesmo no EE, através do chat e do fórum (Mensagens Privadas) e adicionar só se vocês tiverem alguma afinidade.

Fica a dica.

Tópico trancado!