Coreção de texto: Everybody was staring me

Everybody was staring me

When I was a teenager I used to have electronic lessons at a technical school. In one of the practical lessons we had to build an electronical circuit. I was very sure that my circuit was right, but when I turned on the power it made a big bang and a piece of a component was thrown into the air. It was very embarassing because everybody was staring me. The instructor only showed me what was my mistake and went away. However, I had to stand my classmates making fun of me during all week.

Mais Votada Mais Votada

Avatar do usuário PPAULO 39165 6 32 684
I was very sure that I had done everything right.
I was very sure everything was right.
I was very sure I knew my stuff (informal here)

======
Hmm, I don´t know what you meant, but at first I would say "everybody was looking at you", but certainly after the big bang they did stare at you!

stare /steə r / /ster/ verb [ I or T ]
to look for a long time with the eyes wide open, especially when surprised, frightened or thinking

The instructor showed me that was only/just a mistake and went away.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Você sabe como está o seu nível de inglês? Teste agora GRÁTIS em apenas alguns minutos.

Clique aqui para iniciar o Teste Online!
Avatar do usuário Telma Regina 22725 9 58 570
My suggestions:

"Everybody was staring at me

When I was a teenager I used to have electronic lessons at a Technical School. In one of the practical lessons we had to build an electronical circuit. I was very sure that my circuit was right (or 'correct'), but when I turned on the power it made a big bang and a part of a component was thrown into the air. It was very embarassing because everybody was staring at me. The instructor only showed me what was my mistake and went away. However, I had to withstand / put up with my classmates making fun of me during all week.