Correção de frase "I had a talking with my boss"

I had a talking with my boss.
Is the sentence above correct?

COMO COMBINAR PALAVRAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Denilso de Lima, autor do livro "Combinando Palavras em Inglês", ensina como as collocations (combinações de palavras) podem ajudar você a falar inglês com mais naturalidade. ACESSAR AULA
3 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Yes, "had a talking with my boss" (could mean - I had a conference, a one on one/tete-a-tete, with my boss about serious issues, something that he/she was doing that was nagging me, etc).

But could also mean 'I spoke with my boss' about business matters, day to day tasks etc. I mean if you say I had a talking with my boss. (no quotes here).

But it seems like you asked about "I had a talking with my boss" or 'I had a talking with my boss' (the apostrophes for emphatic use). If so, then it means the above option (about 'serious issues', etc). Meaning "eu chamei o patrão para uma conversa/eu tive uma conversa séria com o patrão, etc.". Ou seja, teve que 'pôr alguns pingos nos i´s com o patrão/acertar algumas coisas que não iam bem/eu e o patrã tivemos uma conversa séria (para ajustar algumas coisas), etc'.
Leonardo96 19 293
Had a talk*. Sem gerundio.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Yes, that´s right. Leonardo. Thanks for chiming in and having noticed that.