Correção de texto: A box of chocolates

Last night, I ate a box of chocolates that was in the kitchen. I didn't know that my mother had bought it to a party.
She [i]had planed[i] (to Plan) To give the chocolates as a gift to the hostess.
So I had to replace the box of chocolates before my mom got home, but all the stores had already closed.
Then, I remembered that I had gave my girlfriend the same box of chocolates for her birthday the week before.
I realized that she had probably ate all the chocolates by now, but there was no harm in asking.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 15 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores e linguistas certificados. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito.

Clique aqui para iniciar o Teste Online!
Avatar do usuário Redseahorse 8000 1 13 143
algumas sugestões:

Last night, I ate a box of chocolates that was in the kitchen. I didn't know that my mother had bought it to a party.
She had PLANNED To give the chocolates as a gift to the GUESTS, so I had to replace THEM before my mom got home, but all the stores had already closed.
Then, I remembered that I had gave my girlfriend the same box of chocolates for her birthday the week before.
I realized that she had probably ate all the chocolates by now, but there was no harm in asking.
Avatar do usuário gian2hard 2270 1 7 50
adding on..

* I had given
* She had probably eaten
I didn't know that my mother had bought it to a party.

It should be FOR I didn't know that my mother had bought it for a party.

Get and synonyms (buy, purchase, obtain) use for
give and synonyms (donate, offer, provide) use to.

before my mom got home ... I believe that this part of the sentence should be rewrote in the present tense: before my mom GETS
Avatar do usuário Juliana Rios 18850 21 98 389
"So I had to replace the box of chocolates before my mom got home".

This is an account of a past event, so "got" is correct.