Correção de texto: A story of a beloved cat

Avatar do usuário Ancrispa 2555 8 57
I wrote this story to pay honour to my cat David that was run over by a car last week.
The story of David

I remember when I found you. I was walking down the street when I listened to a continuous meow. Then I saw you in a little garden; you were totally frightened and absolutely hungry. I crouched to pick you up and you didn’t run away. On the contrary, it seemed that at that moment everything you wanted were to have someone to pick you up and give you a proper home.

I took you to my home. You cried a bit in the first and second night, but in the third you were already sleeping comfortably in your bed. I spent the first week watching you sleeping and wondering how can a normal human being could have abandoned such a beautiful kitten.

I waited you to be familiarized with me; to take you to the vet's to check out your health and for you to get your first vaccine. The veterinarian was surprised, because when he injected you with the shot of vaccine you were as cool as a cucumber. You were very strong. There I found out that you were a lovely three month cat.

You were a yellow-striped cat, yellow like the sun. Every day you were there playing with your little toys and with that woolen balls that you loved so much. You were always sweet.

Wherever I went in the house you followed me. If I was studying in my bedroom you were under the chair. If I was in the kitchen cooking, you were there beside me watching me and you started meowing around me. If I was sitting on the couch, you jumped onto the couch and you laid down beside me.

You were an extremely lovely and friendly cat. I remember watching you having that long baths; when you licked yourself very carefully. When someone different visited us , you never got scared, you always let the people pet you. And they said, “What a lovely cat!”
Now you are in heaven with Saint Francis who is protecting you. Rest in peace my beloved David.

Mais Votada Mais Votada

Avatar do usuário Telma Regina 22725 9 58 570
Hi Ana, I suggest some corrections to your text, as follows:

I remember when I found you. I was walking down the street when I *heard a continuous meow. Then I saw you in a little garden; you were totally frightened and absolutely hungry. I crouched to pick you up and you didn’t run away. On the contrary, it seemed that, at that moment, **everything you wanted was to have someone to pick you up and give you a proper home.

I brought you home. You cried a bit during the first and second nights, but during the third, you were already comfortably sleeping in your bed. I spent the first week watching you sleeping and wondering how can a normal human being could have abandoned such a beautiful kitten.

I waited for you to be familiarized with me in order to take you to the vets to check out your health and for you to get your first vaccine. The veterinarian was surprised, because when he gave you the shot (or "gave you the vaccination"), you were as cool as a cucumber. You were very strong. There I found out that you were a lovely three-month-old cat.

You were a yellow-striped cat, the yellow part was like (or "similar to") the sun. Every day you were there playing with your little toys and with ***those woollen balls that you loved so much. You were always sweet.

Wherever I went in the house you followed me. If I was studying in my bedroom you were under the chair. If I was in the kitchen cooking, you were there beside me, watching me, and you started meowing around me. If I was sitting on the couch, you jumped on it and laid down beside me.

You were an extremely lovely and friendly cat. I remember watching you having ***those long baths, when you licked yourself very carefully. When someone different visited us, you never got scared, you always let the people stroke you. And they said, “What a lovely cat!”

Now you are in heaven with Saint Francis who is protecting you. Rest in peace my beloved David.

Comments:

*You use "listen" when you are paying attention to the sound. In this case, it was unintentionally, so you "heard" the cat's meow.
**"everything ... was".
***"woollen balls" and "long baths" are plurals.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learn ... ge30.shtml
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Para aprender mais sobre os Tempos Verbais baixe agora o: Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um resumo bem estruturado para revisar os conceitos que você aprendeu na escola.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!