Correção de texto: About coffee

Coffee
Coffee is a seed of caffee plant, popularity know as caffee beans. Anyway, what you remember when hears that word is the drink made from this fantastic seed. Coffee is a widespread drink around whole world, prepared in different ways with different ingredients. But originally coffee come from Etiopia and was one important food for people and animals from that country. First, 'cause the strong effect on behavior of those who takes coffee: the animals and people seems to get exceted, animator and busy as drink coffee, this way, animals and peoples can work more. Second, coffee is a natural holy fruit, involved in religious rituals.
Thought coffee had been seen like a fruit from hell by catolicism, this drink was brough to Eupora and its colonies by frenches, who got sugar on that bitter drink. So, coffee has won the european taste, it has arrived in america and now it's a popular drink on the world, drinked in morning, afternoon and night.

POWER QUESTIONS
O professor das celebridades Daniel Bonatti ensina várias técnicas para você ter conversas melhores mesmo com conhecimentos básicos de inglês. Com as power questions você vai aprender a direcionar a conversa para onde quiser e com isso alcançar seus objetivos na comunicação. ACESSAR AULA
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
6 49 1.3k
Coffee.

Coffee is made from the seed of a coffee plant/, popularly known as caffee beans. (coffee a single word, to me is an infusion/a drink.)

Technically it wouldn´t be a bean; some disagree, others not, since the germination is different.
http://www.biology-resources.com/plants-seeds.html

Others not, since in dictionaries a bean may have as synonym: berries, seed, grain, so in this sense it´s a also a bean.
http://www.biologyreference.com/Ce-Co/C ... ny-of.html

What first comes to mind when we hear the word is the drink made from this fantastic seed. Coffee is an infusion *guzzled all over the world, prepared in different ways with different ingredients.

*I tried to add more variety of words, make it more colourful and with a more strong appeal/statements.

But originally coffee came from Etiopia and was one important staple food for people and animals in that country. Basically because of the strong effect on behavior on those who takes coffee: the animals and people seems to get excited, (*) energized and wakeful as they drank coffee. It was in this way, that was found that animals and peoples can work more when they drink coffee, since they get more alert.
There was also a/the belief that coffee is a natural holy fruit, and soon it was involved in religious rituals. The catolics; on the other hand, thought coffee was a fruit sent from hell or associated with the evil.
The drink was brought to Europe and its colonies by the French, who added/included sugar on that bitter concoction/brew. So, the European taste and idea shapped how we drink it up today, then it arrived in America and turned into a popular drink on the world, drank in the morning, afternoon or at night.

"staple food" is a stronger affirmation than just "food", since "staple" conveys the idea of "important/popular/main/essential", for example rice is a staple food in China, beans and maize (among others) are staples food in Brazil. If you don´t think it´s essential/popular you could have stated that "coffee was used/consumed as food/as part of the menu of the country etc"
"One important staple food" could seem like extra information, anyway it´s almost a fixed expression.
http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/staple?s=t

'cause - I would use in more informal texts, an email or chat room perhaps. More so when you are a begginer, or so I think.

Energetic - in some contexts it may be the same as energized, but I choose the latter one. Some people could mistaken the animals with "Red Bull", the energetic itself.

I hope it helps, I couldn´t help redoing it ! There are some aspects of the revising that it would take long to explain, anyway the above comments can be useful, and something to begin with.
TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
1 15
coffee
Coffee is a seed of THE caffee plant, popularLY knowN as "caffee beans". Anyway, what ydo ou remember of when you hear that the world is based on the drink made from this fantastic seed? Coffee is a widespread drink in the whole world, prepared in different ways with different ingredients, but coffe actually comes from Etiopia and was a important food for the people and animals from that country. First, 'cause the strong effect on behavior of those who tookcoffee: the animals and people seems to get excited and energetic as they drink coffee, so thhis way, animals and peoplescan work more. Second: coffee is naturally a holy seed, involved in religious rituals.
Though coffee has been seen like a drink/seed from hell by catolicism, this drink was brough to Eupore and its colonies by frenches, who got (the costume of adding) sugar to/on that bitter drink. So, coffee has won the European taste and arrived in America . Now it's a popular drink in the world, drinked in the morning, in the afternoon and at night.