Correção de texto: about "The boy in the striped pyjamas"

I read the boy in the striped pyjamas, impressed me the fact the German boy didn't listen to his family spoke about the Jewish people. Nevertheless this boy builds a friendship with Jewish boy , because the german boy didn't see differences between the two people. By choose to live this friendship, the German boy finished dead in concentration camp, by the side of your new friend

ENTENDENDO AS HORAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina vários macetes para você nunca mais se confundir na hora de dizer as horas em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
9 65 608
My corrections are shown below:

I read the book "The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas" and the fact that the German boy didn't listen to what his family spoke about the Jewish people, impressed me. Nevertheless, this boy built a friendship with a Jewish boy, because he didn't see differences between them. By choosing to live this friendship, the German boy died in a concentration camp, beside his new friend.
TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. Você ainda ganha o eBook sobre o Verbo Get em seu e-mail. INICIAR TESTE
6 49 1.3k
Hi there, Thais!
I know you are perceptive and problaby has noticed from the observations made by Telma...but a little aside may come in handy...

================
The following chunk of text -
I read the boy in the striped pyjamas, impressed me the fact the German boy didn't listen to his family spoke about the Jewish people.

Could be Italicized or, as Telma pointed out, be used quotation marks to indicate it was the title of a work (a book, a magazine etc.).
http://www.writersdigest.com/online-edi ... ook-titles
The way it was, one is reading and all of a sudden caught in a run-on sentence of sorts. The reader would think you read the boy (você leu o garoto/rapaz, leu as maneiras dele ou leu nele alguma ação que ele ia fazer - ele "telegrafou" a intenção talvez...
That happens in Portuguese as well, this is not exclusive of English.

Examples of such ambiguities:
Ana disse à amiga que seu namorado havia chegado.
(O namorado é de Ana ou da amiga?)

O pai falou com o filho caído no chão.
(Quem estava caído no chão? Pai ou filho?)
Source - http://www.soportugues.com.br/secoes/estil/estil12.php