Correção de texto: Am I studying or having fun?

Well, let's start...this knowledge pursuits and trying to improve or increase english skills is about me. FOR REAL!

Do I remember that my first english contact was by my uncle who's a teacher at Yazigi, we never had some good relationship but I used to read (or try to, lol) his books when he was not at home. Later that came the real contact at high-school, to-be verbs and all those boring grammar stuff (I used to think) just came into my mind. At the same time confusing me and dropping a question, can I speak english?

I've been always surrounded by people who wants to learn english and it really helps me a lot. In 1995, my grandpa enrolled me in a private school (the school's name was International House then moved on to Yazigi franchise). Awesome teachers for a beginner guy. I studied there for...i don't no maybe...8 or 9 months, then my grandpa died. Was hard to pull myself together and short money were some reasons that my mom lockep up my course.

That encouraged me to become a self-taught student. Movies, Tv shows, Video-games (Tony Hawk's my favorite game ever!), Music above all (I'm a drummer) and every single thing who's english envolved, I do.

I don't have a study routine or a method to learn to memorize words, phrases or sentences I just feel that I can do it and I do. I just believe in God and feel blessed to have this potential to catch things in the air and turn them good to me, because many people here in our country spend a lot of money studying for 5 or 6 years and even that can't keep a conversation. (I respect them! and I'm not saying all people ok?!, Don't crucify me!)

I consider myself a 'forever learner', i'm humble to say that I have the world to learn yet, hahaha...Nowadays i'm having english conversation classes at a mormon church (The sisters are in a 'mission impossible' to convert me into a mormon, lol) and also I study in a english online tool called 'Global English' where I have contact with all english learners since japanese until indians, hahaha..

So, that's all folks! my english life exposed! haha, I just want to thank the E.E CREW (YOU GUYS ROCK!) and leave a question, feel free to answer that or HIT ME with any:

- AM I STUDYING OR HAVING FUN?

COMO COMBINAR PALAVRAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Denilso de Lima, autor do livro "Combinando Palavras em Inglês", ensina como as collocations (combinações de palavras) podem ajudar você a falar inglês com mais naturalidade. ACESSAR AULA
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
MISTAKE CORRECTION:

The correct year is 2005 not 1995 as mentioned.

Thank you for understand.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Well, let's start...this knowledge pursuits and trying to improve or increase English skills is about me. FOR REAL!

Well let´s start....(by my pursuit of knowledge etc...but I am going to stick to your original format)
This knowledge pursuit or these knowledge pursuits (perhaps you meant pursuit?)
English begins always with capital.

I leave FOR REAL as it is, for I think it´s not for academic purposes, TOEFL etc...
Many people would mistake "FOR REAL" for an equivalent to a shout or something like that.
=========================

I do remember that my first contact with English was by way of my uncle who's a teacher at Yazigi.
[if you have more than one uncle, you can also say "by way of an uncle of mine".]

We never had such good relationship but I used to read (or try to, LOL) his books when he was not at home. Later that came the real contact at high-school, to-be verbs and all those boring grammar stuff (I used to think) just came into my mind. At the same time confusing me and dropping a question, couldn I speak English someday?

I do remember, if you mean some kind of emphasis here, if not, just "I remember" would do.

LOL is normally capitalized, since it is an acronym.
============

I've been always surrounded by people who wanted to learn English and it really helps me a lot.
[I leave that this way, but be aware that many people would get confused. They would ask, what helps you a lot? the fact of you having been always surrounded by people... or you meant that you have always be surrounded and by people who wanted to learn English, and it (English) is what helps you a lot?

In 2005, my grandpa enrolled me in a private school (the school's name was International House then moved on to Yazigi franchise). It had awesome teachers for a beginner guy. I studied there for...I don't know for how long it was, maybe...8 or 9 months, it was then that my grandpa died. [It] was hard to pull myself together and short money were some reasons that my mom lockep up my course.

“I” is always capitalized.

Was hard to pull myself together and short money were some reasons that my mom lockep up my course.
This part was a bit confusing to me, perhaps you meant the following?

It was/became hard to make the ends meet/it was hard to support the family and the short money were, among others, reasons that led my mom to interrupt/freeze (trancar)/interrupt/stop (me tirar do curso) my course .

=====
Anyway, you made great strides for a self-taught guy, congrats on your writing skills.