Correção de texto: Biografia

Boa noite a todos! Escrevi essa breve biografia para utiliza-la em redes sociais relacionadas a idiomas. Peço ajuda para avaliar o que escrevi. Muito grato desde já!
"Brazilian, 21, Christian. Studies Economics in Rio de Janeiro State University. Mainly interested in American English and the culture from its country. But also open to talk to others English speakers.
If you want to improve your Portuguese maybe I can help you. Help me to improve my English!"

INGLÊS PARA VIAGENS
A professora Marcela Miranda, mais conhecida como a Tia do Inglês, ensina nesta aula introdutória o vocabulário básico de inglês para viagens. Está se preparando para sua próxima viagem? A sua jornada começa aqui! ACESSAR AULA
3 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
If you want it in third person, then I advise the second paragraph be in this way to maintain consistence. Conversely, if you want it in the first person, then change the first part of the text.
"(I am) Brazilian, 21, Christian. Currently studying Economics in Rio de Janeiro State University. Mainly interested in American English and culture. But also open to talk to others English speakers.
If you want to improve your Portuguese I am in to help you in any way I can. And I will certainly improve my English in the process!"
The second paragraph wording was changed a bit, but I know that the essence is there, so it´s up to you wether to change it or not. Thus, my version may constitute, somehow my personal style. But trying to keep it more natural, at least I tried. He hee.

"Mainly interested in American English and the culture from its country."
In my view, you´re interested in American English and American culture, so not necessary here to express that you are interested in the culture from "its" country, which leads the reader to think that "its" refer to the "American English" (not the country as you maybe had thought).
So, rephrasing the way I did, eliminates some ambiguity. That of the reader get himself thinking "he meant -it- the American culture or the country?".
Anyway, other opinions are welcome here, I could be missing something and two heads are better than one, but that is my opinion for the time being.
Obrigado pela contribuição, amigo. De fato, eu mesmo achei estranho manter uma parte do texto na terceira pessoa e a outra na primeira. Fiz isso apenas por observar que biografias em redes sociais são escritas na terceira pessoa. Mas não me importo de escrevê-la na primeira pessoa, acho mera formalidade. Quanto a questão da cultura, foi a parte que eu mais tinha dúvida, fiquei com receio de realmente estar ambiguo. Acho que ficarei com a alteração que você fez mesmo, pois soa mais natural. A original me parecia um pouco mecânica, talvez pelo fato de eu ainda ter treinado muito pouco a apresentação para um falante de inglês rs
Agradeço pela ajuda, foi de grande proveito, he he
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Que bom que ajudou! A naturalidade em expressar o que se quer vem com o tempo. Mas o fato de você já perceber quando algo soa estranho já é um bom sinal.
Digo, quando um estudante é capaz de corrigir a si próprio já significa que ele é capaz de sentir criticamente o texto e melhorá-lo. Você está no caminho certo, parabéns.