Correção de texto: Child left alone

Andrezzatkm 2 8 111
Police in San Antonio is investigating a case reported by neigbour. Allegedly, a child was left alone inside of a care center after every worker left. When police got to the place, they found the child sleeping ont the mattress. The light was turned off and the child was uninjured. The police called the parentes, which came to the place in less than five minutes. The parents expect answer from the maneger of the place about what really happened.

AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Isa Mara Lando é uma referência entre os profissionais de tradução. Ela já traduziu mais de 100 livros, entre eles estão obras de autores aclamados, como: George Orwell, Salman Rushdie e Walter Isaacson (a biografia de Einstein). Nesta aula gratuita, Isa dá várias dicas de vocabulário. ACESSAR AULA
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Telma Regina 9 65 608
My corrections are shown below:

Police in San Antonio are investigating a case reported by a neighbour. Allegedly, a child was left alone inside a care center after all staff left. When the police arrived at the place, they found the child sleeping on a mattress. The light was off and the child was uninjured. The police called the parents, who arrived in less than five minutes. The parents demand an answer from the manager regarding what really happened.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Good reading, Andrezza, of course some minor corrections were needed, but in general you expressed yourself well, one can get the gist of the story. You will get there! Perhaps I myself would make some of those mistakes. It´s a good thing that Telma is kind enough to share her knowledge with us, congrats Telma!
The things that really catches our eyes are:
A) maneger - that could be proofread with some text editor, e.g. Word, Writer, etc.
In a quick way I got online and put the following chunk:
"The police called the parentes, which came to the place in less than five minutes. The parents expect answer from the maneger of the place about what really happened."

And in milliseconds it caught "maneger" and "parentes" and suggested corrections, when I clicked on the words.

https://www.grammarcheck.net/editor/

B) It can be a matter of personal style, but I would reorder some sentences from the beggining of the text. So, the information that the child was found alone inside of a care center would come first, then the fact of the neighbour having reported (and how, etc).
This way, the reader would know that it was a neighbour of the care center.

The beggining Police in San Antonio are investigating a case reported by a neighbour. leaves the reader hanging a bit, asking himself "a neighbour of whom? Well, it can be just me, but it´s my first impression on that one.

The grammar side was spotlessly dealt by Telma.