Correção de texto: Curiosities about prisons around the worl

Sei que meu texto é um pouco grande mais se alguem puder contribuir corrigindo um pedaçinho pra mim. =)

When we talk about prison always thinking how horrible is the local and how the people suffer there. This is a reality for many people in Brazil, We have the fourth prison population in the world, around 550 thousand people are arrested in Brazil. But we have no the worst prisons on the world.

There are many others worse prisons in the world, I'll talk about some of them:

1. Administrative Maximum Facility (ADX) is an American federal high-security prison for male inmates and is where it some of the most wanted terrorists on the planet are. The cells don't receive natural light ever and inmates are required to spend 23 hours a day there without contact with other partners.

2. La Santé Prison (literally meaning Prison of Good Health) is one of the most famous prisons in France, one of your prisoners is Ilich Ramírez Sánchez, called Carlos (The Jackal). A study by the French Institute of demographics in prisons pointed out that the place is responsible for the highest number of suicides in the prisons of the European Union. In La Sante inmates are locked up 23 hours a day. Internal factors (and deliberate) are always border on the temperature 40 degrees.

3. Guantanamo, in Cuba, houses hundreds of prisoners of war from Iraq and Afghanistan, everyone knows that there are psychological tortures, humiliation and that the administration is military. There is no mercy of USA for the prisoners there.

4. Gitarama, in Rwanda, is in the top of the worst prisons in the world. You believe or not, there is cannibalism there. The lack of food and space makes the population of this prison eat each other, mainly the new prisoners, solving the lack of space and food.

Mais Votada Mais Votada

Avatar do usuário PPAULO 39195 6 32 684
My imperfect stab at it, as I am running out of time. Working a lot, these days, my vacation is over, so I just examined its general idea.
There is in all likelihood, room and probability to corrections in it, so comments and corrections are welcome and encouraged.

I tried, this time, focus on the grammar and word usage aspects, although I have made minor corrections where something else caught my eye.
Again, only because I didn´t corrected something doesn´t mean that it is spotless. On the other hand, the changes I suggested may or may not deserve serious consideration.

======
When we talk about prisons, we always think how horrible is the place and how people suffer there. This is a reality for many people in Brazil, We have the fourth prison population in the world; around 550 thousand people are arrested in Brazil. But we don´t have the worst prisons on the world.

There are many worse prisons in the world, I will discuss about some of them:

1. Administrative Maximum Facility (ADX) is an reAmerican federal high-security prison for male inmates, and it is where some of the most wanted terrorists on the planet are. The cells don't receive natural light ever and inmates are required to spend 23 hours a day there without contact with other partners.

2. La Santé Prison (literally meaning Prison of Good Health) is one of the most famous prisons/one of the most known prisons in France, one of your prisoners is Ilich Ramírez Sánchez, called Carlos (The Jackal). A study by the French Institute of demographics in prisons pointed out that the place is responsible for the highest number of suicides in prisons of the European Union. In/within La Santé, inmates are locked up 23 hours a day.

Internal factors (and deliberate) are always border on the temperature 40 degrees. (!)
Pardon? I can´t see the connection between the words here...

3. Guantanamo, in Cuba, houses hundreds of prisoners of war from Iraq and Afghanistan, everyone knows that there are psychological tortures, humiliation (there) and that the administration is military. There is no mercy of USA for the prisoners there.

4. Gitarama, in Rwanda, is in the top of the worst prisons in the world. Believe it or not, there is cannibalism there. The lack of food and space induces inmates to eat each other, mainly freshly coming prisoners, as a way of solving the lack of space and food.

Population eats each other population? Not really!
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Aprenda dicas sobre os tempos verbais em inglês! Baixe agora o seu Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um ótimo resumo para revisar todos os conceitos.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
In a more natural choice of words. I think.

4. Gitarama, in Rwanda, is in the top of the worst prisons in the world. Believe it or not, there is cannibalism there. The lack of food and space induces inmates to eat each other, the main victims are the newly arrived ones. This is done as means of solving the lack of space and food.
PPAULO escreveu: Internal factors (and deliberate) are always border on the temperature 40 degrees. (!)
Pardon? I can´t see the connection between the words here...

In this part I wanted to say some like this: Internal factors - and purposeful, make the temperature always border the 40 degrees in the interior of the prison.

PPAULO escreveu:Population eats each other population? Not really!

I think that is like an urban legend, but in the extreme we don't know what the human is able.

Thank you so much.
Have a nice day!
a) thanks for elaborating more. Instead of
Internal factors (and deliberate) are always border on the temperature 40 degrees.

A new rewording here:
The structure of the prison is kept purposely/intentionally dilapidated and uncomforatable/unpleasant, with its inmates in cells unbearably hot, avering 40 ° C/with its inmates enduring intense hot temperatures as high as 40° C.

==============
b) As for the squalor conditions making prisoners go mad and resort to cannibalism it´s not unusual or unbelievable, rather the contrary. I do believe it happens.

What I meant by "Population eats each other population? Not really!'' is that grammatically and by logic it´s not possible. Since, there is just "one" population in the prison. And that it´s not "population that eats each other" (what would mean one "population eating other population" (each other - a reciprocal thing too).

That´s why, to avoid misundertanding, I rewrote it to:

4. Gitarama, in Rwanda, is in the top of the worst prisons in the world. Believe it or not, there is cannibalism there. The lack of food and space induces inmates to eat each other, mainly freshly coming prisoners, as a way of solving the lack of space and food.

Inmates is okay, there are several of them, so it can be used such action, but population (to me) is just one, it´s the body (the mass) of all prisoners. So, just one.

Obviously you specify it, say, "the population of black inmates/poor inmates/of drug lords etc" then it could be, but not just "population".