Correção de texto: Dear English,

When I started studying you, I knew would be a little difficult ‘cause you’re so different from my mother tongue in so many aspects and even the teachers saying for forgetting the Portuguese, I think it’s a little difficult, sometimes impossible, at least, at beginning. You know, because you’re so different from Portuguese, because you both have a different root, you complicated the things for me, I mean, I know it could be worse, you could have a different alphabet from mine as Russian, Korean, Chinese or Japanese. I know could be worse, but it doesn’t stop me of whishing that you were easier. I have a kind angel struggling inside me to stop me when I’m on the verge of screaming when someone near me says you’re easy. You’re definitely aren’t easy. You like play games, you like dodging some people making them believe that they know you, when they actually don’t. You have some aspects that people have to look at very careful for discovering. So many similar words, words that with a little slip on pronunciation and BANG an innocent word is transformed into a dirty word. You really love that bitches on beaches thinking they rock with you when actually you are just playing with them, don’t you? I know you do. I remember hating you when I was a teen and I even didn’t have a reason. I mean, I even had a good teacher in middle school, in high school I didn’t, but I can’t blame her because my hate for you was before her. That time I wish knowing that you were saving my hate for later, I’d like knowing you would rub that hate at my face when I’d tried make peace with you. I wouldn’t have hated you so much, I swear. Now I love you, I really do. When hated you, I didn’t have a reason, now I love you and also don’t. I mean, I know you are the king of the hill and everything and the most part of the people need know you and if they don’t, they will be crashed. Yeah, but I could need you and even that way hate you, as the sick people need medicines but hate them or the fat people who need the gym, but hate it. I love you, but you don’t love me back. Sweet revenge for you, isn’t it? I have to reckon that after a lot of tries from my side our relationship is a way better than before. Sometimes, we even get along. I know our relationship was improved when you started telling me if you were in USA or in England. I look forward to the day you will tell me which part of USA you are or when you are in Canada or Australia. I listen to you every day. I have apps in my tablet for listening to you. Every day I try make up the hate I felt for you before. Sometimes, you forget that you hate me, so you open the door for me and invite me for a dance, what I accept with so much happiness, but suddenly you slam the door at my face and make me cry. The bad relationship with you run in my family, I mean, they even don’t have a relationship with you, what makes the things for me much more difficult. I envy the people who love you and you love them back. It took me so much time to pronounce your words better than before, so many repetition, but it comes to you I am never good enough. I keep looking tips on internet for improving my relationship with you when it comes of how to pronounce your words. Ah, I need thanking you for helping when I lost myself three times in Europe. You helped me so much, even don’t love me, you helped me. I yet keep repeating your words every day, I will wait for you dressed in my best dress. I knew it wouldn’t be so easy get along with you, but what you have to be so complicated? I bought so beautiful shoes because I want be ready when you stop hating me and invite me for a dance that will last long forever.
Regardless,
Giselle

TESTE DE VOCABULÁRIO
Faça um teste e descubra como está seus conhecimentos de vocabulário de inglês em 5 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
1 resposta
  Resposta mais votada
6 49 1.3k
Some suggestions, but then, this is a rough diamond. Others certainly will polish it further. That´s the spirit!

...and even the teachers saying to forget Portuguese,

I think it’s a little difficult, sometimes impossible, at least in the beginning. (I have a feeling that "at the beggining" would do as well.)

...because you both have a different root, (I would expect "you both have different roots", though.)

...you complicated things for me

...you could have a different alphabet from Portuguese [Maybe even better: an altogheter different alphabet from Portuguese] "mine" sounds, to me, as if you have invented an alphabet of your own.

I know it could be worse,...

...but it doesn’t stop me of whishing (that you) it were easier. (optional, if you use "that you" take the "it" out - since you are personifying the English language.

...when someone near me says you’re easy. [near may be right, but I would rather use "close by me" or "someone nearby"]

You’re definitely aren’t easy. [or you are or you aren´t, in this case "you definitely aren´t easy (at all)"

You like playing games, you like dodging some people making them believe that they know you, when they actually don’t.

You have some aspects that people have to look at very carefully to discover.

...words that with a little pronunciation slip and BANG! An innocent word is transformed into a dirty word.

I didn’t have a reason, now I love you and also don’t. (or maybe a better way, just maybe "...now I love you and I don´t have, either.

I mean, I know you are the king of the hill and everything and the most part of the people need know you and if they don’t, they will be trashed.

Has improved when you started telling me if you were in USA or in England.

Every day I try make up for the hate I felt for you before and sometimes, you forget that you hate me, so you open the door for me and invite me in for a dance, ...

What makes things much more difficult for me.

So many repetition(s) [optional, perhaps],...

Ah, I need thank you for helping (me) when I got myself lost three times in Europe.

You helped me so much, if you don’t love me. Even so, you helped me.

I still keep repeating words from you, every day. Yet, I will wait for you dressed in my best dress.

I knew it wouldn’t be so easy get along with you, but you had to be so complicated?

I bought such beautiful shoes because I wanted to be ready when to the time you stop hating me and invite me for a dance that will last, I hope, forever.