Correção de texto "Going to Travel"

Olá pessoal, estou começando a estudar por conta e pretendo fazer uma série de textos para obtenção de um vocabulário maior. Então agradeço desde já a todos que se disponibilizarem a corrigir!

Going to Travel

It was 5:45 in the morning when I woke up, brushed my teeth, I took a shower, made a coffee and I went to the airport. Getting there at 6:30a.m. I was waiting in the departure lounge. I already bought my airline tickets 10 days ago. When suddenly the airport agent communicates us that the departures are delayed. So, I had to wait for two hours to finally board the plane. I was exhausted and bothered for the delay, but it's alright, I know that unforeseen events. Now I'm going to visit my sister, she lives in Chicago and it's 10 hours of travel. I just want to relax and enjoy my trip.

Bom, apenas fui inventando e provavelmente deve haver erros hehehe
Se puderem me mostrar onde está errado e pelo o que eu poderia trocar,fico muito grato!

E uma pergunta. A expressão "unforeseen events" como "imprevistos acontecem" está aplicada corretamente?

APRESENTAÇÃO PESSOAL EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina como você deve se preparar para fazer uma apresentação pessoal profissional em inglês. O conteúdo dessa aula ajudará você a aproveitar melhor as oportunidades no ambiente corporativo. ACESSAR AULA
1 resposta
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
It was 5:45 in the morning when I woke up, brushed my teeth, I took a shower, made a coffee and I went to the airport.
It may suggest that you have done all those things at once, or that you have done without any pause in-between. It´s my thinking here, though.
I would redo it making some slight changes:
It was 5:45 in the morning when I woke up, brushed my teeth then I took a shower. Next, I fixed my coffee and drank some of it and then I went to the airport.
Of course, there are other ways to skin a cat...but here goes my two cents´ worth on that one:
By lumping togheter the facts that -I woke, brushed my teeth and took a shower, I make it clear (or I suggest) that those are actions have happened in the same room or nearby, and that the actions happened not much as separate events. Denoting a sequence of sorts.
With the words next or and I made a distinction from the previous sequence of events, to make it more "colourful" and informative I/you could also let the reader know "how the going to the airport" was. Say,...then I rushed to the airport (if I was in a hurry or late to go...).
It could also be a routine event: ...then, as I always do/then as I do everyday/then as I occasionally do, I went to the airport. Perhaps you went to the airport to pick up someone, or just decided to leisurely go there, or went in a given (or special day), etc...

These are just some comments on the fly, from a cursory reading, so other Forum participant might pick up where I left off, let´s wait for others to chime in.