Correção de texto: Holidays and English

Last summer, I visited my uncle who lives in Munich. I went with my aunt and my cousin by plane and we stayed in Munich for a fortnight.
I enjoyed it a lot: there, we visited several museums and landmarks, mostly palaces and castles, and we also took a walk in the Englischer Garten, one of the world's largest urban public parks.
As I can’t speak German, I had to speak English when I was in Munich.
English is the most commonly used language amongst different languages speakers. Throughout the world, when people who don’t have the same native language come together they usually use English to communicate. Learning to speak English is important to many areas indeed. For instance, it will make you more employable in every country in the world; you will have access to a great wealth of information and entertainment.

Therefore, the importance of learning English cannot be underestimated in an increasingly interconnected and globalised world.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 15 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores e linguistas certificados. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito.

Clique aqui para iniciar o Teste Online!
Avatar do usuário PPAULO 39205 6 32 684
Last summer, I visited my uncle who lives in Munich. I went with my aunt and my cousin by plane and we stayed in Munich for a fortnight.
I enjoyed it a lot; there, we visited several museums and landmarks, mostly palaces and castles, and we also took a walk in the Englischer Garten, one of the world's largest urban public parks.
As I can’t speak German, I had to speak English when I was in Munich.
English is the most commonly used language amongst different languages speakers. Throughout the world, when people who don’t have the same native language come together they usually use English to communicate. Learning to speak English is important to many areas*. **It will make you more employable in every country in the world; you will have access to a great wealth of information and entertainment.
Therefore, the importance of learning English cannot be underestimated in an increasingly interconnected and globalised world.

I left out the colon, what followed wasn´t an explanation, I decided it could be with all the rest of the sentence (kinda more related than not).
Others may think otherwise, that the the rest explain why or how you "enjoyed it a lot", let´s wait for more opinions on that, I admit it´s only a misgiving of sorts that I had.
I may or may not be mistanken on that one.

http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/marks/colon.htm

Semicolon would be a pause, more than a comma and less than a full stop (period).

The asteristks where to indicate that I took out some words, as I think it was some extra information, non-essential.

Your English is spotless, I bet you had such a fun out there! :D

How amazing and beautiful is the Englischer Garten -München (the English Garden-Munich)! I saw it on Google, you are lucky to have such a sightseeing experience! Also, congrats on your writing skills.
Avatar do usuário Telma Regina 22725 9 58 570
My suggestions/corrections to the text:

Last summer, *my aunt, cousin and I got on a plane and spent a fortnight in Munich visiting my uncle. I enjoyed it a lot. We visited several museums and landmarks, mostly palaces and castles, and we, also, walked in the Englischer Garten, one of the world's largest public parks.

As I can’t speak German, I had to speak English when I was there. English is the most common **means of communication amongst various different language speakers. Throughout the world, when people who speak different languages get together, they usually use English to communicate. Learning to speak English is important in many areas indeed. For instance, it will allow you to become more employable in many countries. You will have access to and understand a great wealth of information and entertainment. Therefore, the importance of learning English cannot be underestimated in an increasingly interconnected and globalised world ***and the usage is growing for various reasons, for example, business, education, collaborative research, social media, news, films, music, books, travel, and sport.

* The same thing, but more concisely.
** Do not forget that the "most commonly used language" in the world is Mandarin.
*** Some extra information.

Note:
"After Chinese, Spanish is the second most commonly used language in the world with currently 500 million native speakers."
http://miamioh.edu/cas/academics/depart ... index.html
Avatar do usuário PPAULO 39205 6 32 684
Good one Telma, but with a caveat though. Mandarin is on the top most spoken if one takes in account the big population of China, and its use in China, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_la ... e_speakers

But taking in account the widespread use of English with tourist people, and the use of language in Germany it would be a different can of worms. Its main foreign language is English. She didn´t point out that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_Germany

The problem is that Sofia wasn´t much specific on that, and I tried to maintain much of her piece of text, being her first one, I tried not get her in overdrive, hee hee! :lol: