Correção de texto: Honey, I'm worried about...

Mari Moreira
MOTHER - Honey, I'm worried about our son. He's been flippant in class. Yesterday, he dissed her teacher in front of the principal and spat me when I tried to talk to him about it.
FATHER - I've also noticed that he lost his cool on me. The other day he was calling me names. I'm going to call him, and we'll swear him right now.
MOTHER - OK.

-

FATHER - Jacob, me and your mother have noticed that you're not behaving well lately.
SON - Hold on, I'm not acting like that. Take it easy, OK? You don't have to overreact!
FATHER - We're not exaggerating. You*are. Stop yelling at us and settle down! Watch out, or I'll hit you. Just keep it up, and you won't be able to sit for a week. You have to apologize to me right now. You owe me an apology, spoilt brat!
MOTHER - Ease up on him, dear. I won't allow aggression at this home in any case.
SON - Yeah, dad. Just calm down and chill out, OK? No way I'm not going to say sorry, man.
MOTHER - Now he's been disrespectful again. Say sorry or I'll slap you myself.
SON - Slow down, mom. I'm sorry, OK? I'm going to stay put and try to stay on my best behavior from now on. My apologizes.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 15 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores e linguistas certificados. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito.

Iniciar o Teste Online!
1 resposta

PPAULO 47965 6 41 852
MOTHER - Honey, I'm worried about our son, he's been flippant in class.
(okay - I just put a comma there but it´s small beer, though.)

Yesterday, he dissed his teacher in front of the principal and spat at me when I tried to talk to him about it.
Are we talking about some kind of nonbinary person? If so, you must let us know. I mean, the he-her thing, somehow I would expect he-his.
Plus, perhaps it´s me but I think the use of FATHER-MOTHER would be replaced by Mommy-Daddy/ Mom-Dad, but I am not going to be categorical on that one. Let´s wait for further comments and opinions about it.

Spat at me - but as you are trying to be slangy (apparently), it could be "spat me" (a bit of straying from the grammar but perhaps okay in some colloquial ways).

FATHER - I've also noticed that he lost his cool on me, the other day he was calling me names. I'm going to call him, and we'll swear him right now.
MOTHER - OK.

(again the comma, I think the sentences could be spoken as one piece and would be understood.)

I'm going to call him, and we'll swear him right now.

(this part I didn´t get well, could you elaborate further? It could be in English or Portuguese.)