Correção de texto: Meeting a new restaurant

Olá a todos os forenses!
Este é meu primeiro post no English Experts e é uma satisfação enorme ter encontrado mais uma ferramenta para praticar e expandir os conhecimentos na língua inglesa. Uma pena eu ter descoberto somente agora o fórum rs.

Bom, coloco aqui o meu texto para a observação e correção de vocês. Todas as semanas eu elaboro um texto com um tema e relaciono com a grande parte dos vocábulos que eu encontro em Podcasts, livros, artigos. Acredito que desta forma eu consigo fixar as palavras novas com mais facilidade.

Obrigado!

Impressions About Masashiro’s New Japanese Restaurant

While I was discussing with my brother Afonso about where we could have dinner on the last Saturday, a new great-looking japanese restaurant flyer appeared in my mailbox. I spotted the title: “Print This Flyer and Eat Everything You Want for Only 40 Reais”. “Oh, that’s a great promotion, isn’t it?” my brother said. “For sure! It’s a big deal definitely. Every once in a while we should treat ourself good. Let’s go there. I’m starving!” I said.

After printing the flyer, I thought that it would be a great chance to introduce my mother Alice to japanese food. She’s never tried before – maybe due to some prejudice about eating raw food. So as my brother and I were experienced with this, we invited her for a ‘maybe-nice’ dinner at the new Masashiro’s Restaurant.

Arriving there, we were receptioned by Masako, the hostess of the place. She and the chef’s cuisine yelled a sonorous and traditional ‘Irashaimassê’ (something like ‘Welcome!’ in English) and directed us to our table. Masako gave us the menu and put over the table some chopsticks and plates.

As I was looking over the menu, I realized that there is no need of choosing dishes: it was an ‘all you can eat’ restaurant. So, I asked the waiter to bring everything they have plus drinks. She nooded positively and went off to the kitchen.

After 20 minutes, the waiter came up with our orders in a large tray. Firstly, four appetizers - japanese mushrooms, grilled salmon, rice and soup - and finally the main course with drinks. The latter was impressive: two giant ‘ships’ of raw fish, containing 54 strips of salmon, tuna and white fish sashimi and 10 types of sushi (with some different and exotic flavors like strawberry with banana and mango with avocado – these ones were to die for). That was an astonishing dinner! We ate like we never did before.

So as we were full, I asked the bill to the waiter and I saw the pleasuring face from my mom. She commented, “God damn! I’ve never thought that japanese food was so good! Now, I must hit the gym to drop some weight…”

“Yes mom, all we have!” Afonso said.

TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. INICIAR TESTE
1 resposta
  Resposta mais votada
6 49 1.3k
Some ideas/suggestions here. Your piece was very good, though, just some refinements needed.
Further fine-tuning is welcome.

======================================================
Likely titles:

A meeting/our meeting at a new restaurant.
Going to a new restaurant.
[“Meeting a new restaurant” doesn´t sound natural to me...meeting somebody would, perhaps.]

Impressions About Masashiro’s New Japanese Restaurant.

It’s definitely a big deal.

Every once in a while we should treat ourselves to some really good food!

...it would be a great chance to introduce my mother Alice to the Japanese food.

So, as my brother and I had experienc with it, we invited her for a ‘maybe-nice’ dinner at the new Masashiro’s Restaurant.

Arriving there, we were met by Masako, the hostess of the place. She and the chef’s yelled a sonorous and traditional ‘Irashaimassê’ (something like ‘Welcome!’ in English) and directed us to our table. Masako gave us the menu and put some chopsticks and plates on the table.

First, four appetizers - Japanese mushrooms, grilled salmon, rice and soup - and then the main course with drinks.

So as we were full, I asked the bill to the waiter and I saw the *pleased face from my mom. She commented, “**Goddamn! I’ve never thought that Japanese food was so good! Now, I must hit the gym to drop some weight…”

“Yes mom, we all have!” Afonso said.

-------------------------------
**I would replace the (almost or expletive to many) **goddamn by “Wow!” or other pleased statement.

*pleasuring – certainly if she was pleasing you, I think you meant she was pleased.