Correção de Texto: MPS.BR

Hey folks,

My english teacher told me to explain her about my project, so i wrote this text:

Our project is still in the begin and goes till 2016, it is to write a scientific article that consists in a methodology to the course completion assignment of informatics (in Portuguese "TCC"), for the technical high school and college. So we researched a program that improves the software development of Brazilian companies, and we found the MPS.BR.
The MPS.BR is divided in 7 levels (A to G), so we took the lowest level and we are adapting it for IFPR.
----------------

Is it right?
Can someone teach me when I use "for" and "to"?

Thanks!!

APRESENTAÇÃO PESSOAL EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, a professora Camila Oliveira ensina como você deve se preparar para fazer uma apresentação pessoal profissional em inglês. O conteúdo dessa aula ajudará você a aproveitar melhor as oportunidades no ambiente corporativo. ACESSAR AULA
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
I fixed some mistakes:

Our project is still in the begin and goes till 2016, It is also a scientific article and it consists in a methodology that will be applied to the course completion assignment of informatics (in Portuguese "TCC") for the technical high school and college. So we researched a program/model of reference that improves the software development of Brazilian companies, and we found the MPS.BR.
The MPS.BR is divided in 7 levels (A to G), so we took the lowest level and we are adapting it for IFPR.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
My English teacher (or "my teacher of English" since one could think of an "English teacher" as the person from England, or even from the UK! (since many people in Brazil don´t make dinstinction between "English" and "from the UK").

asked me to make a project and a presentation afterwards, to her (or to be made in class, before other fellow students).
So I wrote this text:

Our project is still in the beginning and goes until 2016, its goal/purpose (it aims to...) is to write (submit) a undergraduate project called an honor thesis (in Portuguese "TCC"), in wich I have/I am expected to demonstrate my problem-solving skills on a topic or a set of topics of interest, taken from my coursework (high-school and college background on it included).
So we researched a program that improves the software development of Brazilian companies, and we found the MPS.BR.
The MPS.BR is divided in 7 levels (A to G), so we took the lowest level and we are adapting it for IFPR (!).

----------------

Is it right?
As in your thesis/studies, there´s no wrong or right; you can see that there are improvements or other ways (or even, more natural ways) to do it.
So, my piece of advice is, read about your subject, try to see other works on the subject, technical mags, the Scielo site, yada yada yada.

Generally, I think, you will be given a "research" or a "development" project, would be recommendable that you expressed wich one you are undertaking.

Don´t assume the professor/reader etc, knows each and every initialism/shortening etc. In this vein, think your work someday can make to the international student/undergraduate, so imagine a Russian/Greek/Chinese fellow student is reading your work (in the future) somewhere, so what
in the earth (he thinks) would IFPR mean?
Obviously, if you had stated that it means "Instituto Federal de Ensino Técnico do Paraná" (Technical School of the State of Parana) [this is work of my imagination,that is, I invented it right now.], then you could just write IFPR afterwards in your piece of text.
But you had to let the reader know what it means, explicitly, at least once.

Can someone teach me when I use "for" and "to"?
The site has a grammar section, give it a try (or a basic book of English grammar), if some doubt persists, come to us.

I wish you luck in your studies. And count on us.