Correção de texto "My best friend.."

My best friend is always by my side, when i need him. And when i'm sad he asks why and try to make things better, calling me to go out, talking with me... My dad says that when you are getting older you can count your friends with the fingers of only one hand.When i was a child i thought that he was wrong but then i growed and see that real friends are rare and when you have one you need to be yourself, don't lie, be loyal and truthful.Sometimes i think that friendship is better than marriage,dating or anything of this kind because jealousy and sexual interests aren't present and mine friendship with my best friend is also in joy and in sorrow, in wealth and in poverty.

Fiquei vendo os videos da bbc (vi nas dicas do forúm) e ouvindo alguns podcasts, esse texto fiz "pensando" em inglês = ]
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Aprenda dicas sobre os tempos verbais em inglês! Baixe agora o seu Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um ótimo resumo para revisar todos os conceitos.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
My best friend is always with me when I need him. And when I am sad, he asks why and try to make things better, calling me to go out, talking with me... My dad says "when you are getting older, you can count in your friends with the fingers of only one hand. When I was kid, I thought he was wrong, but then I growed up and I saw that the real friends are rare and when you have one, you need to be yourself, don't lie, be loyal and truthful. Sometimes I think that friendship is better than marriage, dating or anything of this kind, because jealousy and sexual interests aren't present and mine friendship with my best friend is also in joy and in sorrow, in wealth and in poverty.
My best friend is always by my side when I need him. When I'm sad, he asks me why and try to make things stay better, calling me to go out and talking with me... My father always said "when you are getting older,you can count on your fingers of the hands your friends.
When I was kid thought he was wrong but then I growed up and I saw that real friends are rare and when you have one you've gotta be yourself, don't lie, be loyal and truthful. Sometimes I think that friendship is better than marriage, dating or anything of this kind, because jealousy and sexual interests are'nt presente and mine friednship with my best friedns is also in joy and in sorrow, in wealth and in poverty.
Avatar do usuário Marcio_Farias 12350 1 22 206
Lucas V. escreveu:[...] you can count in your friends [...]

Mind if I make a minor correction?

"... count in..." should have read "... count on..."
Gustoteck escreveu:[...] try to make things stay better [...]

I thought you might not mind this minor correction.

You can safely shorten "... make things stay better" to "... make things better".

Other forum users may note other errors in the text output.
Marcio_Farias escreveu:Other forum users may note other errors in the text output.

Well, I should have known better than to offer other people's text a thousand minor corrections.

"... may note other errors..." should have read "... notice other errors..."

This discussion forum (rather successfully) attempts to explain the difference between note and notice.
Thank Marcio_Farios, Lucas V and GustoTeck! = ]