Correção de texto: My father used to tell me

My father used to tell me

I have friend who is in a bad situation. He spends months trying to get a job. When he get one, he have to work long hours for a misery salary. Last week he said me: "My father used to tell me that I should study to have a good life. Now I know that he was right".

POWER QUESTIONS
O professor das celebridades Daniel Bonatti ensina várias técnicas para você ter conversas melhores mesmo com conhecimentos básicos de inglês. Com as power questions você vai aprender a direcionar a conversa para onde quiser e com isso alcançar seus objetivos na comunicação. ACESSAR AULA
3 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Artful Dodger 6 14 102

I have a friend who is in a bad situation. He had spent months trying to get a job. When he finally got one, he would have to work long hours for a miserable salary. Last week he said to me: "My father used to tell me that I should study to have a good life. Now I know that he was right".

Dica: leia os tópicos no fórum sobre tempos verbais. Percebi que você enfrentou alguns problemas com simple past, o simple present e o past perfect. Em alguns pontos, eu tive que interpretar o que você estava querendo dizer, mas talvez não seja exatamente o que você escreveria. Dessa forma, quando enviar uma mensagem em inglês para correção, sugiro que seja enviado um pequeno trecho de contexto, o que pode facilitar a revisão.

Observe também as sugestões dos demais usuários do fórum.

Cheers!
Telma Regina 9 65 608
Minha sugestão de correção:

I have a friend who is in a bad situation. He spends months trying to get a job. When he gets one, he has to work long hours for a miserly salary. Last week he said to me: "My father used to tell me that I should study in order to have a good life. Now I know that he was right".

Comments:
Apart from a few mistakes, the text looks alright to me.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
One common way to say the same thing:

"he has to work long hours for a meager salary."

---------------------------------------------------------
It would be understood as it is, I just tought this would be interesting too.
And could be another option, without mention that my post aim to build up some vocabulary too.