Correção de texto: My favorite place

I like to go somewhere high that overlooks the ocean. Somewhere that gives a view of the beautiful scene which you can barely distinguish the ocean from the sky. If you look north, you can see thousands of seagulls flapping like flying ants. That would be a perfect place because that would make me feel so small but so connected. Such a huge world, and open ocean, limitless possibilities and endless places to explore. That's what would make me feel grounded, where I would feel safe, where the world stops spinning, just for a moment. It’s where I would find myself. I would be hypnotized by the beauty of nature, giving me at least a minute. That's a little reminder the world has more than just sorrows, sadness and pain. A brief memory of peace.

AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Isa Mara Lando é uma referência entre os profissionais de tradução. Ela já traduziu mais de 100 livros, entre eles estão obras de autores aclamados, como: George Orwell, Salman Rushdie e Walter Isaacson (a biografia de Einstein). Nesta aula gratuita, Isa dá várias dicas de vocabulário. ACESSAR AULA
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Telma Regina 9 65 608
Hi Roger, my corrections and changes to your text are shown below:

I'd like to go somewhere high where I could overlook the ocean. Somewhere with beautiful scenery where I could barely distinguish the ocean from the skyline. A place that when I looked north, I could see thousands of seagulls flapping like flying specs in the distance. That would be a perfect place because it would make me feel so small, but very connected. It is such a huge world with open oceans, unlimited possibilities, and endless places to explore. That would make me feel settled, where I would feel safe, where the world, momentarily, would stop spinning. It’s where I would find myself. I would be hypnotized by the beauty of nature, as if time stopped for a short while. That's a little reminder that the world not only has more than just sorrows, sadness, and pain, but peaceful memories too.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Certainly flying like specks? Specs usually stands for specifications or speculation.
I know it was certainly a typo. By the way, yours are terrific jobs of proofreading and corrections, Telma. Keep up the good job.