Correção de texto: My first 5 months studying english

OEstudantedeIngles 2 16 113
Hello guys! Could you check my text? I'd be very thankful!!

My first 5 months taking an english course

Hello everyone! Here I am to write a little about my first 5 months studying English. Well, It’ll be very short because my english’s not that good yet, I’m gonna try though!
Last march I decided that I wanted to do an English course cause I have always liked it and English nowadays is certainly a thing you must learn it’s not a choice. If you really wanna get a good job and improve your career, English is essential.
So, I went to many of English schools and checked the advantages and benefits that each one offered to me and I finally chose one.
Since march my English’s improved a lot! I’ve been learning many words and I get new vocabulary every day. I think that if you are learning English you must not treat grammar as the principal thing in the language because It is not. What makes a language are words not grammar, and if you try to get more words everyday your english’ll improve a lot.
That’s all! This is all I have to share with you guys! What do you think about my text? Am I in the right way to learn English?
Bye and keep on learning English!!

Thiago- 5 months studying english.

AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Isa Mara Lando é uma referência entre os profissionais de tradução. Ela já traduziu mais de 100 livros, entre eles estão obras de autores aclamados, como: George Orwell, Salman Rushdie e Walter Isaacson (a biografia de Einstein). Nesta aula gratuita, Isa dá várias dicas de vocabulário. ACESSAR AULA
4 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
Some little corrections, if I may...

Well, It’ll be very short because my English’s not that good yet, I’m gonna try though!

Last March (the names of the months are initiated with capitals [letra maiúscula], always...

I decided [that I wanted] to do an English course cause I always liked it. [period here - ponto final aqui] Furthermore [além do mais/ademais] English is, certainly a thing you must learn nowadays, it’s not a choice.

Since march my English’s improved a lot! I’ve been learning many words and getting new vocabulary every day.

I think that if you are learning English you must not treat grammar as a priority[1] in the language because It is not. What makes a language is [2] words not grammar, and if you try to get more words everyday your English’ll improve a lot.

Am I in the right path[3] to learn English?

===========
Notices:

[1] Here it´s not about being right or wrong, just that I felt it could be terser, more concise, and a bit more natural English, perhaps.
[2] What makes a language is... However, you could write "what makes a language are the words"
[3]Just a matter of using other word; to my thinking, it seems now more natural in this case.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Obviously, you are in the right track. To be honest, a pretty good work to a
5-month English learner!
This way you willl get good results, keep up the good work!
These corrections are minors, with time these minutes of English will be second nature to you, you betcha!
Wow, It's been 6 months since I wrote this text =)

My English then wasn't as good as it is today! This forum is an important part of my learning.
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
That´s a very good news to us! keep up the good work.

As we see from your posts on the Forum, your English is going from strenght to strenght, congrats!
Thanks bud =) It motivates me to learn more! :)