Correção de texto: Old Lady

Cold weather on Saturday as I like. I used to get up early every day but today was different. I woke up about nine o’clock, did some tasks, made breakfast which consists toaster, banana and cup of tea. When everything was putting away, I took my dog to the park. On the way I saw an old lady with glasses and gray hair around eighty years old seated on the bus stop. I walked back to where the lady was sitting and asked, “Can I help you”? The lady was looking frail, tired and was leaning heavily on a stick as she walked towards me. She held my hand tight, and was full of sweaty, she didn’t said a word but I could see grateful in her eyes. I picked her shopping bag up on the floor, as the old lady couldn’t bend over. The bag wasn’t heavy, but the lady had not enough stretch to hold it. She looked at my dog and hardly speaking. “Is it your dog, isn’t it”? “Yes” I replied. After that the lady stopped talking and just hummed a song. I couldn’t understand if that was a singing or moaning.
In the Lady’s home, she told me that she had a dog called Poly, but it passed away one week ago. I could see tears in her eyes. I hardly knew the lady, but I felt sorry about her as I couldn’t imagine to live without my dog.

Estou a postar este texto pela segunda vez, pois agradecia imenso que alguém me corrigisse please!!!
Bons estudos!

Mais Votada Mais Votada

Avatar do usuário PPAULO 39205 6 32 684
Edilia, Redseahorse did a brilliant job of proofreading. As I am having a couple of busy days, I am not going to proof or anything. However, by making a cursory inspection, I thought you could be interested why the replacing of "cold weather on Saturday".

So, "today´s a cold Saturday just how I like it" -in an academical text (an essay etc.) it would be ''today is a could Saturday just how I like it'' was changed because we, normally, don´t say "cold weather on...(weekdays) a given day"
Since you are referring to weather conditions /the type of weather of a given day, which can be described by words like "cold/hot/warm/cool/freezing" (if you mean temperature) or to other weather elements "cloudy/gloomy/foggy/overcast/clear" (if you mean clouds).
That is, you are describing the weather in certain day (as you see it at the moment - in passing), not the weather as whole, of a region or in a more serious way (with the help of satellites, forecasting, weathermen/weatherwomen information/weather stations information etc...so a more detailed study of what will happen in a given day.)

http://www.vocabulary.cl/english/weather.htm

http://www.english-at-home.com/speaking ... e-weather/

By the way, your sentence could also be "it´s a cold Saturday today, just how I like it."

Hope it somehow helps.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 15 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores e linguistas certificados. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito.

Clique aqui para iniciar o Teste Online!
Avatar do usuário Redseahorse 8000 1 13 143
TODAY´S A Cold Saturday JUST HOW I LIKE IT. I used to get up early every day, but today IT was different. I woke up about nine o’clock, did some tasks AND made breakfast which CONSISTED OF TOAST, banana and A cup of tea. When everything was PUT away, I took my dog to the park AND on the way I saw an EIGHTY-YEAR OLD lady with glasses and gray hair, SHE WAS on the bus stop. I walked back to where the lady was sitting and asked, “Can I help you”? The lady was looking frail, tired and SHE was leaning heavily on a stick as she walked towards me. She held my hand tight, and I FELT THAT HER HANDS WERE QUITE sweaty, she didn’t said a word, but I could see grateful in her eyes. I picked her shopping bag up on the floor, as the old lady couldn’t bend over. The bag wasn’t heavy, but the lady had not enough stretch to CATCH it. She looked at my dog and hardly SAID: “Is it your dog, isn’t it”? “Yes” I replied. After that the lady stopped talking and just hummed a song. I couldn’t understand if that was a singing or moaning.
AT the Lady’s home, she told me that she had a dog called Poly, but it passed away one week ago. I could see tears in her eyes. I hardly knew the lady, but I felt sorry about her, BECAUSE I couldn’t EVEN imagine MYSELF LIVING without my dog.