Correção de texto: Professional Goals

I was feeling apathetic some months ago as I did not have a job. The Brazilian market economy seems to flabby, and that is the reason why I was out of business for some time. I am nineteen and do not have much experience, so that is disadvantage for me. I got a job at a furniture factory, this is not exactly what I was looking for. But it is much better than staying at home and doing nothing. I am not set on my ways, every day when I arrive home, I hit the books and study English. The more time passes by, the more English studies become common in my routine. My goals is to teach English some day. When I become an English teacher, I will not rest on my laurels, I will study more to become a biologist. I am not a kind of person o get too comfortable easily. I know, dedication,work, humility and good contacts are musts at a successful professional.

INGLÊS PARA VIAGENS
A professora Marcela Miranda, mais conhecida como a Tia do Inglês, ensina nesta aula introdutória o vocabulário básico de inglês para viagens. Está se preparando para sua próxima viagem? A sua jornada começa aqui! ACESSAR AULA
4 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
Redseahorse 4 35 575
I was feeling apathetic some months ago as I did not have a job. The Brazilian (market - DROP IT) economy seems TOO flabby, and that is the reason why I was out of business for some time. I am nineteen and I do not have much experience, so that is A disadvantage for me.
I FOUND OUT a job at a furniture factory, this is not exactly what I was looking for, but it is much better than staying at home and doing nothing. I am not set on my ways, every day when I arrive home, I hit the books and study English. The more THE time passes by, the more THE English studies become common in my routine. My goals ARE to teach English some day, AND when I become an English teacher, I will not rest on my laurels, I will CONTINUE STUDYING EVEN more to become a biologist. I am not a kind of person WHO GETS comfortable TOO easily.
I know THAT dedication, work, humility and good contacts are A MUST FOR A successful professional CAREER.
gian2hard 1 7 52
Hi Red,

Just my friendly two cents. I think that "I got a job at a furniture factory" conveys the author's meaning better in this case. It means that he has got the job already, he is working, but that is not exactly what he would like to be doing.

"I found out a job" is not entirely right in this case. Because if you just "found out" about the job, you're not working yet, you just literarily discovered that there is a job opening, and by the rest of the sentence we can tell that author meant that he has got the job already -> "it wasn't what he was looking for, but it is better than staying at home doing nothing"

You could say "I just found out about a job opening at a furniture factory but I don't want to work there ...". Meaning that you discovered there is a job opening, --but you haven't actually started working there-- and you don't want to work there.

: p
thank you guys, I aprechiate it. I just would like to know if I really have to remove " Market " from " the Brazilian Market economy seems too flabby ", is it wrong to use it or is itjust not needed here ? The best regards for you guys
PPAULO 6 49 1.3k
We generally talk about "market economy" when we talk in terms of macro (economy).
Market basically is the place where people meet to buy and sell their products and/or services, etc... more specifically there is the financial market, the stock market, the exchange market, the options market, to name a few.
In your case you certainly meant labour/job market, anyway if you expressed that the economy (as a whole) is out of shappy (flabby in your words) you couldn´t go wrong, given the current state of affairs.