Correção de Texto: Racism

Racism

Racism is the discrimination against people belonging to an ethnic group. It's related to the belief that some ethnic group are superior than others. Physical characteristics like skin color are also considered when the subject is racism. In fact, discrimination against black people is present in many countries around the world. In my country, many people think that calling someone black is offensive. I desagree. In my opinion, these people are the racists, since they see the word "black" with a negative meaning.

CENTENAS DE EXPRESSÕES DO INGLÊS
Preparamos um plano de estudos para ajudar você a dominar centenas de palavras e expressões do inglês em tempo recorde. EXPERIMENTE AGORA
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
9 65 608
My suggestions:

Racism is the discrimination against people belonging to an ethnic group. It's related to the belief that some ethnic groups are *inferior than others. Physical characteristics, like skin color, are also considered when the subject is racism. In fact, discrimination against black people is present in many countries around the world. In my country, many people think that calling someone "black" is offensive. I disagree. In my opinion, those people are the real racists, since they view the word "black" with a negative meaning.

(Sorry, but your text is a little limited as your focused example implies that racism is only applied to, as you say, black people, whereas, I know many people from various origins who have suffered racism, regardless of colour).
TESTE DE NÍVEL
Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 10 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores experientes. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito. Você ainda ganha o eBook sobre o Verbo Get em seu e-mail. INICIAR TESTE
Telma Regina escreveu: (Sorry, but your text is a little limited as your focused example implies that racism is only applied to, as you say, black people, whereas, I know many people from various origins who have suffered racism, regardless of colour).
So do I. I didn't want say that racism is only applied to black people. My ideia was to use discrimination against black people just as an example of racism. But, reading the text again, I agree with you. My text is providing a limited view about racism with this unique example. I will think how to improve it. Thanks Telma! :-)