Correção de texto: Small town or a big city? (TOEFL)

Some people prefer to live in a small town. Others prefer to live in a big city. Which place would you prefer to live?

Personally, I believe that living in a small town is much better than in a big city. Nowadays, I live in a big city and I miss my birthplace, which is a good and beautiful small town. I have some reasons to explain why I prefer that.

First of all, in a small town you don’t have troubles with traffic. In big cities the traffic is one of the most negative points. I can recall when I was living in an inner city, I spent ten minutes to go to school by bus. Now, when I’m leaving in a metropolis I spend thirty minutes for the same distance.

In addition to the traffic’s troubles, it’s important to consider the finances. Everything is expensive in big cities. For example: restaurant, cinema, gym, public transportation, drugstore and others.

Finally, life span in small town is bigger than in big towns. Currently, stress is a significant cause of death. In big cities, the noise, the pollution, the traffic may affect your way of life.

By the way of conclusion, based on arguments explored above, lives in a small town is very good. How I said, nowadays I live alone in an apartment in a big city, but I really miss my family and the way of life in small towns.

Mais Votada Mais Votada

Avatar do usuário Telma Regina 22725 9 58 570
Some people prefer living in a small town. Others prefer to live in a big city. Which place would you prefer to live?

Personally, I believe that living in a small town is much better than in a big city. Nowadays, I live in a big city and I miss my birthplace, which is a good and beautiful small town. I have some reasons to explain why I prefer that.

First of all, in a small town you don’t have troubles with traffic. In big cities the traffic is one of the most negative points. I can recall when I was living in an inner city, I spent ten minutes to go to school by bus. Now, when I’m living in a metropolis and I spend thirty minutes to cover the same distance.

In addition to the traffic troubles, it’s important to consider the finances. Everything is expensive in big cities. For example: restaurant, cinema, gym, public transportation, drugstore and others.

Finally, life span in a small town is longer than in a big city. Currently, stress is a significant cause of death. In big cities, the noise, the pollution, the traffic may affect your way of life.

Concluding, based on the arguments stated above, life in a small town is very good. How I said Nowadays I live alone in an apartment in a big city, but I really miss my family and the small town way of life.

Comments:

andrelauarr, either base your text on solid facts or say "in my opinion". For example, when you say:
"...in a small town you don’t have troubles with traffic", you have to remember that in many towns in Britain, for example, you can hit a big traffic jam during the rush hour, specially in coastal towns. Some small towns down the coast in Brazil are the same. Can you drive in a small beach town during holidays easily?
You must not generalize some facts. You can say: "in my opinion", "in many cases", "often", depending on what you want to express.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Aprenda dicas sobre os tempos verbais em inglês! Baixe agora o seu Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um ótimo resumo para revisar todos os conceitos.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
Telma,

thank you for your advices!