Correção de Texto: Sports

Hello, folks! I've just written a short essay about the question: "Do you prefer to play individual or team sports?". Any corrections and advice would be invaluable!

"While I understand the importance of learning how to follow orders and how to play along in a group situation, I can’t help but prefer individual sports as means of enjoyment and self-improvement.

Firstly, the idea of playing a sport like tennis or golf against a challenging opponent all by myself is really exciting. I only have my skills and tactics to rely on and I’ll be to blame for any mistakes made. That alone is enough to cheer me up and put me in the mood for training harder and harder in order to achieve my goal.

Apart from that, I don’t have to deal with commom team problems, such as stubborn teammates, bossy leaders and trust issues. Also, I can make my own training schedule without being restrained by other people’s duties. Thus individuality provides freedom.

In conclusion, I can see no downside in going solo. You only have to win in what regards your self-esteem and confidence and the fun of the process makes it worth the effort."

INGLÊS PARA VIAGENS
A professora Marcela Miranda, mais conhecida como a Tia do Inglês, ensina nesta aula introdutória o vocabulário básico de inglês para viagens. Está se preparando para sua próxima viagem? A sua jornada começa aqui! ACESSAR AULA
2 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
9 65 608
Some changes to help improve the text:

"While I understand the importance of learning how to follow orders and how to play along in a group situation, I can’t help but prefer individual sports as a means of enjoyment and self-improvement.

Firstly, the idea of playing a sport like tennis or golf against a challenging opponent all by myself is really exciting. I only have my skills and tactics to rely on and I can only blame myself for my mistakes . That alone is enough to cheer me up and put me in the mood to train harder and harder in order to achieve my goal.

Apart from that, I don’t have to deal with commom team problems, such as stubborn teammates, bossy leaders, and trust issues. Also, I can make my own training schedule without being restrained by other people’s duties. Thus, individuality provides freedom.

In conclusion, I can see no downside in going solo. You only have to win in what regards your self-esteem and confidence and the fun of the process makes it worth the effort."
AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Isa Mara Lando é uma referência entre os profissionais de tradução. Ela já traduziu mais de 100 livros, entre eles estão obras de autores aclamados, como: George Orwell, Salman Rushdie e Walter Isaacson (a biografia de Einstein). Nesta aula gratuita, Isa dá várias dicas de vocabulário. ACESSAR AULA
6 49 1.3k
I gave it a cursory reading.
To me, looks fine. QC-passed for the time being. ;)