Correção de Texto: The Great Gatsby - 2 - Myrtle Wilson

About half-way between West Egg and New York, when the train stopped at the narrow river, in a dusty road ran by the side of the railroad Tom stood up and took Nick's arm, and they got off then they were to a repair car store and Nick met Tom's mistress. After they came back to station for took a next train to New York.

Myrtle and Tom took Nick to a apartment. There Tom took a bottle of whiskey from a locked cupboard. Myrtle called her sister, Catherine, and a couple friends to join with them. While time pass they were more drunk, inclusive Nick. Nick had been drunk twice time in his life, it was the second time.

Catherine asked where Nick lives, he told her that he had lived in East Egg. She said to he that she had been at a party at Gatsby's House. Then Nick said that he was living next to door Gatsby's house.

At about midnight, Tom and Myrtle started argue. They were arguing because Myrtle was saying 'Daiys, Daiys, Daiys' many times in a short time. Then, suddely, in a hard movement, Tom hit Myrtle across the nose.

Nick woke up and walked toward the door. He got off the apartment, he went to station for waiting the first train on the morning to West Egg.

Mais Votada Mais Votada

Avatar do usuário Telma Regina 22725 9 58 570
My corrections are shown below. I had to change the word order in some parts to make easier reading:

When the train stopped by a narrow river, about half-way between West Egg and New York, Tom stood up, took Nick's arm, and they got off on a dusty road that ran by the side of the railroad. They went to a car repair store and Nick met Tom's mistress. Afterwards they came back to the station to catch the next train to New York.

Myrtle and Tom took Nick to an apartment. There Tom took a bottle of whiskey from a locked cupboard. Myrtle called her sister, Catherine, and a couple friends to join them. As time passed by, they got more drunk, including Nick. Nick had been drunk once in his life and this was his second time.

Catherine asked where Nick lives. He told her that he lives in East Egg. She told him she had been to a party at Gatsby's, then Nick said that he lives next door to Gatsby's.

Around midnight, Tom and Myrtle started to argue. They were arguing because Myrtle was saying 'Daisy, Daisy, Daisy' many times in a short time. Then, suddenly, in a hard movement, Tom hit Myrtle on the nose.

Nick woke up and walked towards the door. He left the apartment and went to the station to catch the first morning train to West Egg.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Para aprender mais sobre os Tempos Verbais baixe agora o: Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um resumo bem estruturado para revisar os conceitos que você aprendeu na escola.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
Avatar do usuário PPAULO 39195 6 32 684
Telma had done the proofreading and corrections. As always, she did a great job!

Now, Felipe, I think well-deserved congratulations are in store. In my opinion, you managed to express yourself well and you are a rough diamond in need of some finishing touches.
Thus, as Telma has pointed out (and you can see), you have to work on some points: preposition usage, word choice (including rewording of words in the text), a bit of verb tense in your studies (you are almost there, close but no cigar...).
You need to get acquainted to some usual (natural) expressions used in English, as is the case of "living next door to someone".
Plus, the idiom "get off" more often than not, denotes the people leaving/departing, but usually in a unexpected or sudden way (prematurely sometimes, like leaving without even saying good bye...such a rush.)
Anyway, just minor corrections. We could say that you´re in the right path towards you FCE in 2016. I mean, if you still keep eyes on your goal as stated in your profile!
Keep up the good work.