Correção de texto: The had life of a student

The had life of a student

Really, when the people say that the student hasn’t life that’s really true. See clear, usually, the students work more that the salaried professional, but don’t earn one penny by the slavery, ops… work their. The people don’t give worth for the work of the student and hardly ever the student receives some compliment for being there (don’t cost nothing to say “Thank you”). Some students think and dropping out of college for a lot of problem, but fortunately they give it up of this idea, because they know that in future will live the high life and will have a bigger earning power.

The study is the future, and the journey is long, however the suffering worthwhile.

PORTUGUÊS

Realmente, quando as pessoas dizem que estudante não tem vida é a pura verdade. Veja bem, usualmente, os estudantes trabalham mais que os profissionais assalariados, mas não ganham um centavo pela escravidão, ops... trabalho deles. As pessoas não dão valor para o trabalho dos estudantes e quase nunca os estudante recebe algum elogio por estarem ali (não custa nada dizer “Obrigado”). Alguns estudantes pensam em desistir da faculdade por uma série de problemas, mas felizmente eles desistem dessa ideia, porque eles sabem que no futuro irão viver uma vida boa e irão ter um maior poder aquisitivo.

O estudo é o futuro e a jornada é longa, porém o sofrimento vale a pena.

Thanks for helping guys.

CENTENAS DE EXPRESSÕES DO INGLÊS
Preparamos um plano de estudos para ajudar você a dominar centenas de palavras e expressões do inglês em tempo recorde. EXPERIMENTE AGORA
3 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
7 62 296
1 - Por que deu preferência a "have no" ao invés de "haven't"? Teria algo haver com Present Perfect ou Present Perfect Continuous?

When people say that students have no life, that’s really true. = correct
When people say that students haven't life, that’s really true. = incorrect
When people say that students do not have a life, that’s really true. = correct

I could not use "haven't" because it would not be grammatically correct. I chose "have no" instead of "does not not" because in the context it sounds nicer to me, more natural. Both are correct.

Have you no shame? = Do you not have any shame? Both are correct, but I prefer the former.

2 - "worthwhile" sempre tem que vir precedido de "is" depois de um substantivo (no caso "suffering")?

Study is their future and the journey is long, however the suffering is worthwhile.

I do not see a need for "is worthwhile". Merely "worthwhile" sounds fine. Translation is an art, not a science. It would be rare for two translators to translate exactly alike or even for a translator to translate the same material exactly the same for a second time.

3 - Percebi que você retirou o "THE" antes de algumas palavras como "The people" e "The students". Qual motivo?

Typically, the definite article in English is used to denote a specific noun, not generalties.

Books are our friends. Do you know the colors of the books, the titles, the sizes? Probably you do not because lack of "the" indicates that they are books in theory or in general, that you are speaking in generalities.
The books are our friends. Do you know the colors of the books, the titles, the sizes? Probably you do because "the" indicates that they are specific books you are talking about. Right now you could walk over to the table or the library and touch them.

The English drink tea.
The English drink the tea.
Do you see a difference? I do. In the first sentence, I wrote about tea in general, in theory. In the second, I wrote about a specific tea, a tea I had bought for them, a tea they had brought from England.

When people say that students have no life... = Are these specific students? No.
Usually, students work... = Are these specific students? No.
People don’t value the students' work... = Are these specific students? Questionable.
....compliment the students... = Are these specific students? Questionable.

In the last two sentences, given a second chance, I would probably choose not to use the definite article.

Surely I have made mistakes in this post. Be kind to me. I just awoke.
CENTENAS DE EXPRESSÕES DO INGLÊS
Preparamos um plano de estudos para ajudar você a dominar centenas de palavras e expressões do inglês em tempo recorde. EXPERIMENTE AGORA
7 62 296
The had life of a student
(Não entendo o título. "The bad life..."??? "Had" foi um erro?)

When people say that students have no life, that’s really true. Usually, students work more that salaried professionals, but they don’t earn one penny for their slavery, oops… their work. People don’t value the students' work and hardly ever compliment the students for being there (it doesn’t cost anything to say “Thank you”). Some students think about dropping out of college for a number of reasons, but fortunately they give up this idea because they know that in someday they will live a good life and have greater earning power.

Study is their future and the journey is long, however the suffering is worthwhile.
Oh Thomas. Foi um erro, agora que vim perceber eu queria dizer "Hard life". Sorry. Só umas duvidas?

1 - Por que deu preferência a "have no" ao invés de "haven't"? Teria algo haver com Present Perfect ou Present Perfect Continuous?

2 - "worthwhile" sempre tem que vir precedido de "is" depois de um substantivo (no caso "suffering")?

3 - Percebi que você retirou o "THE" antes de algumas palavras como "The people" e "The students". Qual motivo?

Thanks for helping