Correção de texto: The revolted employee

It has been a while since I post something in this forum. I have to admit that I'm somewhat lazy at training my writing/speaking skills :mrgreen: .

Anyway, I've received an full offer from University of Melbourne. In other words, if everything goes right, I will attend classes without an English course that they provide for those who doesn't get the required score. To be honest, I would like to take English classes, but that's ok.

Well, some time ago I had thought that writing a diary (or journal, if you want) would be a good idea. However, it turned out that my days are very similar to each other :lol:

So I'll try to write (at least in a weekly basis) about random things. As always, please let me know any mistake I make.

---

Yesterday I met some former coworkers *. We worked at an helpdesk. This is quite fun because everyone have a lot of stories to tell and remember. For example, once there was a friend of mine that used to work at weekends. On a Saturday, he received a call from a attendant of a gas station. After talking about the technical problem he has having, the helpdesk said something like:
"Well, both of us are working at a weekend... at least you probably earn a good money for that!"
And the gas station's employee answered:
"Not so much. More or less R$ 1500".
The helpdesk worker used to earn about R$ 600. He immediately stand up and began to walk. After some minutes, he haven't returned yet. The workers of that day found it strange. Where were he? After some hours, nothing. He haven't came back in this day.
In the next week, nothing yet. He hadn't gone to work all the week. On Friday, his boss called him. Then we were informed that he was revolted and never would went back to the company :lol:

* - I would like to express that I went out with friends. Is this sentence (specially the verb meet) right?
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Aprenda dicas sobre os tempos verbais em inglês! Baixe agora o seu Guia Grátis de Tempos Verbais em Inglês. Ele contém um ótimo resumo para revisar todos os conceitos.

Clique aqui e saiba como baixar!
Avatar do usuário Renato Baroli 1470 5 30
Eu sugiro as as seguintes mudanças e adições:

"Yesterday I met with some former coworkers *. We worked at an a helpdesk. This is quite fun because everyone have has a lot of stories to tell and remember. For example, once there was a friend of mine that used to work at weekends. On a Saturday, he received a call from a an attendant of a gas station. After talking about the technical problem he has had been having, the helpdesk said something like:
"Well, both of us are working at a weekend... at least you probably earn a good money for that!"
And the gas station's employee answered:
"Not so much. More or less R$ 1500".
The helpdesk worker used to earn about R$ 600. He immediately stand stood up and began to walk (away). After some minutes, he haven't hadn't returned yet. The workers of that day found it strange. Where were was he? After some hours, nothing. He haven't didn't came come back in this that day.
In the next week, nothing yet. He hadn't gone didn't go to work all the(on that) week. On Friday, his boss called him. Then we were informed that he was revolted and never would went would never go back to the company."

As partes sublinhadas me pareceram um pouco com português traduzido.
No lugar das duas primeiras frases eu diria: "We waited hours for him to come back." e no lugar da terceira eu diria: "He didn't show up the week after.".

Espero ter ajudado.
Avatar do usuário Renato Baroli 1470 5 30
Andre0991 escreveu:* - I would like to express that I went out with friends. Is this sentence (specially the verb meet) right?

Eu acrescentei o with após o meet, pois quando você diz "I met Fulano" a ideia é que você conheceu Fulano, já quando você diz "I met with Fulano" a idéia é que você encontrou/reuniu-se com Fulano.
Olá, Renato.

Obrigado pela ajuda. O with eu esqueci mesmo.