Correção de texto: There were signs of trouble

There were signs of trouble

Unfortunetly, I received a bad news few days ago. My friend's father had an infarct! According to my friend, there were signs of trouble a long time ago. His father was overweight and feeling tired frequently. He also often used to fell chest pains. However, he persisted on not lose weight and not see a doctor.
MENSAGEM PATROCINADA Faça um teste de inglês e descubra seu nível em 15 minutos! Este teste foi desenvolvido por professores e linguistas certificados. O resultado sai na hora e com gabarito.

Clique aqui para iniciar o Teste Online!
Avatar do usuário PPAULO 39205 6 32 684
There were signs of trouble.

Unfortunetly, I received a bad news a few days ago. My friend's father had **an infarct! According to my friend, there were signs of trouble ***a long time ago. His father was overweight and feeling tired frequently. He also often used to fell felt chest pains. However, he persisted on not loseing weight and not seeing a doctor.

**I would favour heart attack, instead of infarct or infarction, if talking in a layman ways (non-medical people), it´s up to you, tough. Many people will understand just the same, others may or may not ask themselves wich kind of infarction, myocardial/septal/cerebral (brain) infarction... Just for information´s sake.

*** there were signs of problem since (or even FROM) a long time ago... [IMO.]

Nothing wrong or odd with feeling, just to to let you know that felt also could be used. As for the word order "feeling tired frequently", I would change for "feeling frequently tired'', but then it´s me. Others may disagree.

=====
Let´s keep the eyes peeled for further opinions/views/editing and improvement. :D :D
Thanks PPAULO!!!
Avatar do usuário PPAULO 39205 6 32 684
You are welcome.