Correção de texto: Who I'm?

Words I've used today: the, and, to, in, to be (verb), for, to have (verb), but, on, at, not.

Hello everyone,
My name is Hitalo, i'm 19 years old, and I'm mechanic technician, but i don't work at this profession yet, i live in a small city in the interior of Minas Gerais, it's called Miraí. I'm beginner in English, but I've learned a little watching series and movies, listening music, reading some news and playing games.
I've decided to learn English, because in the current world, don't there is borders anymore, the world is our home. So we have to learn others languages, and English is a very popular language, spoken in all the world. At this moment I'm studying the (750) most common words in English, everyday I'm learning 10~20 new words, i'm practicing reading and listening too, fallowing tips I've read in this forum, and listen in podcast's of this forum too.
Then, every week i'll write some texts with the words I've learned, maybe about my study progress, and i'll post in this forum, for you read and tell me what I've wrong. I hope you can help me in my progress on fluency.

Thank all of you.
Below is what i want to say.

Olá à todos,
Meu nome Hitalo, eu tenho 19 anos, e eu sou técnico em mecânica, mas ainda não trabalho nesta profissão, eu moro em uma pequena cidade no interior de Minas Gerais, chamada Miraí. Sou iniciante em inglês, mas eu já aprendi um pouco assistindo séries e filmes, ouvindo música, lendo algumas notícias e "jogando jogos".
Eu decidi aprender inglês, porque acho que no mundo atual, não há mais fronteiras, o mundo é a nossa casa. Então devemos aprender outras linguas, e inglês é uma lingua muito conhecida, falada no mundo todo. Neste momento estou estudando as (750) palavras mais comuns no inglês, todo dia eu aprendo 10~20 novas palavras, e estou praticando leitura e "listening" também, seguindo dicas que li no fórum e escutei em podcast's, deste fórum também. Com isso, toda semana irei escrever alguns textos com as palavras que aprendi, talvez sobre o progresso dos meus estudos, e irei postar no forúm, para vocês lerem e me dizer o que eu errei. Espero que vocês possam me ajudar em meu progresso à caminho da fluencia.

Obrigado à todos.

COMO COMBINAR PALAVRAS EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Denilso de Lima, autor do livro "Combinando Palavras em Inglês", ensina como as collocations (combinações de palavras) podem ajudar você a falar inglês com mais naturalidade. ACESSAR AULA
6 respostas
Ordenar por: Data
  Resposta mais votada
9 55
Hello everyone,
My name is Hitalo, I'm 19 years old, and I'm a mechanic technician, but I’m not working (don't work at this profession yet) in a professional capacity.I live in a countryside village (small city in the interior) in Minas Gerais, It's called Miraí.
I'm a beginner in English, but I've been learning ( learned) a little watching series and movies, listening to music, reading some news and playing games.

I've decided to learn English, because in the current world, (don't )there isn’t borders anymore, the world is our home.
So we have to learn other(s) languages. ( and) English is a very popular language, most widely spoken in( all )the world.
At this moment I'm studying the (750) most common words in English.
Everyday ( I'm learning ) I learn 10~20 new words, (i'm practicing ) I practise reading and listening too. I’m following the tips I read on this forum, and listen the podcasts.
Then, every week I write some texts with the words I learn, maybe about my study progress, and I'll post on this forum, for you read and tell me what are my mistakes. I hope you can help me in my progress on fluency.

I’d like to point out some important topics:
Always write I first pronoun singular in capital letter.
E.g (Exempli gratia) I work in a bank. I’m a nurse. I’m happy. I’m married.
Present continuous and present simple:
We use the present simple for things we do regularly:
Every week I go to the gym. Or:
I go to the gym every week.
Every day I have a shower. Or
I have a shower every day.
Pay attention to the use of present perfect
;)
MELHORE SUA PRONÚNCIA EM INGLÊS
Nesta aula, o professor Adir Ferreira, autor do livro "A Chave do Aprendizado da Língua Inglesa", nos conta como se tornou um Expert em pronúncia e dá várias dicas para você se comunicar melhor em inglês. ACESSAR AULA
9 55
By the way: Who am I? is the correct order of your question.
Thank you a lot. :D
6 49 1.3k
Just one aside here Hitalo. If and when it´s an academical text (taking TOEFL/TOEIC/IELTS/CPE etc)
it´s not advisable to abbreviate "I am'', turning it into "I´m", nor using small I (use always capital ''I'' instead).
In a informal piece of text, ignore these pieces of advice.

===================================
I gave just a cursory reading (so I might have overlooked some things), so one thing that caught my eye was:

...and I'll post on this forum, for you read and tell me what are my mistakes.
...and I will post on this Forum, for you to read and tell me if there are any mistakes.

The underlined part is not obligatory, but, to me sounds a bit more natural. Even if you are sure that there will be mistakes, it´s a fixed expression of sorts.
The preposition (in bold) is required, though.
9 55
Thanks Paulo
AMPLIANDO O VOCABULÁRIO
Isa Mara Lando é uma referência entre os profissionais de tradução. Ela já traduziu mais de 100 livros, entre eles estão obras de autores aclamados, como: George Orwell, Salman Rushdie e Walter Isaacson (a biografia de Einstein). Nesta aula gratuita, Isa dá várias dicas de vocabulário. ACESSAR AULA
6 49 1.3k
You are welcome, it´s my pleasure to participate and share ideas with fellow learners.